Sunday 31 August 2014

An 18th Birthday card!

Hello all and I hope that you've had a good week - and a relaxing weekend? The usual busy one here - but I've not been too well with a nasty ear infection that caused swelling and loss of hearing in one ear! (And yes, I've had all the "Pardon?" and "'ere, 'ere" jokes in the last few days - that's what comes of having a husband and teenage son with a certain lack of sympathy!) So now on antibiotics and it's gradually easing thank goodness.  So apologies for a bit of an absence but sleepless nights and feeling woozy is not the right sort of mood to be in to do much crafting! But I've got a card to share with you that I made a little while ago for a friend who wanted a card for her son's 18th - he loves his computer and gaming, and is also wanting to study languages and Japanese at Uni - so I was asked if I could add any of those details in!


Thankfully a brilliant Mo Manning digi stamp came to the rescue - yet again! I've coloured this with copics and promarkers


The backing papers are from HunkyDory and EKSuccess, with the lettering die cut with All Occasions dies. The sentiment ('Happy Birthday' in Japanese!) was done on the computer! (Thank heavens for Google lol!)

And I hope you'll forgive me for sharing a lovely bit of news that we received this week - my beautiful step-daughter Lucy and her partner Jon got engaged a few days ago whilst on holiday in Croatia! Her dad and I are thrilled for them - they make such a lovely couple! 

Nice to have happy news to share! 
And thank you for all your lovely comments on my crafty makes - they mean so much and definitely help keep me inspired to carry on crafting! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

12 comments:

  1. A fab card Kim and just perfect for a teen! Hope you feel better soon and congrats to your step daughter-lovely couple xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that was a tough commission!! But you've pulled it off beautifully, wonder how far into his studies he will be before he can translate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this image Kim and you have coloured it beautifully. Love all the added embellishments and the Japanese writing is a fabulous touch.
    Hope the ear infection disappears soon.
    Have a lovely week.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Lucy and Jon!
    Your card is fabulous, such a great image, wonderful colouring and I love the papers.
    Sorry to hear that you have been unwell, I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the ear infection is soon better. Mo is a star when in need lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. A brilliant Masculine card Kim - just ideal for your son. Im glad the antibiotics have started working on your ear ache. Next to toothache, I think it's the worse pain :( Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's going to love this card... you've brought in all the elements and brilliant way you added the Japanese writing.
    Hope that ear infection leaves you soon and congrats to the newly engaged couple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry you have a poorly ear Kim, hope it is feeling better a bit now. Fab news about your Step Daughter , congrats to the couple. Your card is awesome and is great with the personal touches.
    Sorry late with my comment but I have been away.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great card, love the image, it would go down a treat for my eldest son, perfect for him, a lovely card, great work!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness! Hope you are feeling much better. Congrats to your step-daughter! You did a brilliant job with the card Kim. The Japanese writing is a really fun personalization for the young man. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fab card and beautifully coloured too! Love the way you have incorporated the Japanese writing - I bet he loved it.
    Congratulations to Lucy and Jon, they are a lovely looking couple. I hope you are feeling better now.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic card Kim, brilliant image, beautifully coloured and love the Japanese sentiment, you certainly fulfilled the criteria for the card. Sorry to hear you've haven't been feeling too good and happy to hear you're on the mend, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x