Sunday 3 July 2016

July? Already?

Where did June go then? I'm sure someone must have pressed a 'fast forward' button somewhere and the month just whizzed past in a blur. And it was the usual blur of family, work, etc. - sometimes the flotsam and jetsam in life just takes over and before you know it the days and weeks have disappeared! And thank you for all your lovely comments - and sorry for my rather prolonged (and unplanned) absence.  I have still been doing my crafting in between all the usual jobs but the blogging time has been in short supply. But I will definitely make more of an effort to get back up to speed again - and we break up from school in less than a fortnight and I am soooo ready for a break!

I've kept busy with the crocheting, and recently made a cute baby blanket for a friend who has recently become a very proud grandma.  However, I had a bit of a rush job to get the blanket finished as Baby Lily put in a rather early appearance and surprised her mummy and daddy (and all her family!) by appearing 6 weeks early! She gave everyone a few scares but she's doing well and her mum popped into our office with her last week and she is such a little cutie!


I used a lovely corner-to-corner pattern and Stylecraft DK acrylic in scrummy soft pastel shades. It's great for blankets, soft but pretty hard wearing and easily washable! (Very important for baby blankets!)



I hope it comes in useful! 

And I've been busy making some cards - and when the certain birthdays have passed I'll share the cards on here! But this was one 'for the box' using some of the rather large stash of scrapbooking papers I've got! 


The papers are from K&Co. I've used a Spellbinders edge die, a Sizzix flower die and an LOTV sentiment stamp


Hope you like it! 

And thank you for all your good wishes about the wedding. My step-daughter's wedding was a magical event! We all had a wonderful time in a fabulous setting. Dubrovnik is a beautiful city, we had lovely weather, a great group of about 30 family & friends and made some fab memories! They married in the Sponza Palace, we walked down to the harbour (amidst clapping tourists!), had an hour's cruise round the islands, then a lovely reception/party (overlooking the old city) with good food, dancing and lots of laughter!

Lucy & Jon - our happy couple! 

The happy couple!

Proud Dad with Lucy

Son Jack with our gorgeous granddaughter Isabella! 

What a wonderful setting for the top table! 

Our 4 beautiful offspring!  

Relaxing on the boat - a beautiful part of the day! 

Thanks for lasting through a rather long & rambling post - and apologies for all the pics! Hope you liked them! 
And I promise to be back soon! 
Kim x 






9 comments:

  1. Hi Kim well I just love this blanket....I am filled with envy as crocheting is something I'd love to learn but unfortunately until some control is gained over my hands I have no chance...heyho! I've still got my card making though..look on the bright side! A fabulous card too..you sound like you've been really busy. The photos are great. Glad you had a good time...Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blanket is beautiful and I am sure the recipient loved it. Love the card too, A lovely design and gorgeous papers. Thank you for sharing the wonderful wedding photos they are beautiful and it looks like you had a fantastic and memorable time.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty blanket, gorgeous colours. Thank you for sharing your happy snaps too xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your baby blanket Kim, such gorgeous colours! Beautiful card too, love those papers.
    Wonderful photos too, so pleased you all had fabulous time.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, those wedding pics look amazing!
    Great card and such a pretty blanket too x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi have you got a pattern for the blanket it looks lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet - sorry for not replying sooner! There is a great free pattern for this over on the 'Felted Button' blog that I've used. xx

      Delete
  7. A stunning baby blanket what stitch did you use? Love your gorgeous card and they are such a beautiful couple.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous colours, can you tell me the name of the colours you used? Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x