Sunday 30 October 2016

A bit of cosy crochet!

Hello all and I hope that you've enjoyed your weekend - and are getting ready for Halloween and Bonfire Night!  It'll be Ruby's first experience of both of course, and hopefully she'll cope well with the fireworks, etc.  I think she'll get more excited if any of our local children call tomorrow for Halloween - or she'll be trying to pinch any sweeties!  Here in North West Lancashire our half term break seems to be different from the rest of the UK (typical!), so we're actually on our week off this coming week and I am soooo looking forward to a break.  There's nothing exciting planned apart from a couple of arrangements with friends to meet for coffee and cake (always a welcome trip!) - and I'm hoping some crafting time too, as it feels as though that has been in very short supply lately!  And in a few weeks I'm sharing a craft stall at a local Christmas fair with a friend, so really need to make some 'stock'!

Thinking about what things might be popular at a Christmas fair, I decided to make some snuggly, cosy crocheted hot water bottle covers (with the hot water bottle inside of course!).
 

There are many examples and ideas on the internet for these, but I decided to make up my own pattern to fit the bottles I'd bought! 



I love the candy colours for this one - and used the 'cosy stripe' pattern that Lucy uses for blankets on her Attic24 blog (a fabulous colour and yarn fix on grey days!)

I'm hoping that they might be popular on our Christmas craft stall - but they'll make great little gifts for family and friends.  What's not to love about a cosy, cuddly hot water bottle on a cold winter's evening? I've also added a couple into my Etsy shop HERE.

I'd love to know what you think!
And thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my last post - when you've been missing for quite a while, you do think that people will have forgotten all about you and your little corner of Blogland.  So thanks again for remembering me! 

Kim x





7 comments:

  1. Wow this is so fun and a great gift idea. Love the pattern of two rows trebbels and two rows granny stitches.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    what a gorgeous hot water bottle cover.
    Love your super pattern and the candy stripe colours are so lovely.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great crochet work sweetie. I hope Ruby was okay with all the noise.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Kim, I love seeing your crotchet work, you are very talented! I hope they fly off your stall.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful and I love the colour. Wish I could crochet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say these will sell like hot cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So gorgeous, I really like the colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x