Thursday 13 July 2017

Yet more birthdays!

Well, it's nearly my 'end of term' at work and I am soooo looking forward to having a break! Before working in a school, I was probably one of the many people who thought that things at school gradually wound down towards the end of the school year in summer, with lots of relaxing, chilled activities....  After working at school for nearly 4 years now, I can assure you that it is precisely the opposite! Everything over the last few weeks seems to gain momentum as everybody pedals furiously downhill! The students may well be winding down, but all the staff are racing round like demented bees, trying to get everything completed. And even though many staff are also in work over the holidays (no, staff at schools do not only work 9-3, and have LOTS of holiday!), I think everyone is ready for a lie down in darkened room!

But, aside from the madness of work, the month of many birthdays continues and I'd like to share another one of the birthday cards - this one was for my lovely stepdaughter Lucy!


I've used the gorgeous 'April' from Mo Manning - just love those little wellies! 


I've coloured the image with my usual mix of copics, graphits & pencils. 
The papers and sentiment stamps are from LOTV, with die cuts and lace.


Hope you like it! 

Thank you for the lovely comments, and I'm hoping with a little extra 'relaxation' time, I'll have chance to catch up with more of your lovely blogs. 
Back soon,
Kim x 



5 comments:

  1. She is just precious Kim and coloured beautifully..I love those papers..so very pretty..and a GORgeous card.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim, love the papers and die cuts you have used they complimentthe sweet image perfectly :)
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Kim, beautifully coloured and the design is great. Connor's girlfriend is a teacher and often isn't home until 8pm, they work incredibly hard xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore this image. I have just written out a card with this image on. Yours is gorgeous.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x