Wednesday 3 June 2020

A new 'normal'...

Well, it's been a strange few months since my last post - which I can't quite believe was FOUR months ago!  From the beginning of March, things started to get very hectic at work with the encroaching pandemic, and then our school - along with all others in the UK - closed for most pupils (apart from key workers' children). Setting up and then working from home has been quite a surreal experience in many ways, but not quite as strange as the world at large has seemed at times.  And with the start of the lockdown, I (probably like many others) had some vague ideas about using extra time to start new hobbies/clear out/read more/etc..... *sigh*  haha! But, the main thing is that we have stayed well, abided by the lockdown and carried on as best we could.

Part of the 'vague ideas' was that I would be more proactive with my little corner of Blogland and use some extra time to visit many blogs, keeping in touch with the crafting world. That doesn't seem to have happened quite as I thought! But I have tried to keep busy with the crafting - although with the wonderful spring weather we've had, the garden has featured heavily in most of our spare time, taking the opportunity to get some long-standing jobs done (paint walls, powerwash patios, etc.). The garden has definitely had a concentrated dose of TLC - but it's been a blessing to have an outside space to enjoy and we've been so thankful for it.

Anyway, less of the wordy waffle and I thought I'd share a couple of my Design Team makes for Hunkydory when they launched their new range of Prism brush marker colours back in March. The pens were so lovely to work with (along with the fabulous flower/blossom images). The papers, dies and stamps are also from Hunkydory





Until the lockdown eases and we return to some sense of 'normal', the design team have been 'on leave' from Hunkydory - but I can't wait to start using their products again as soon as we can get back up and running! 

Well, I will try to make sure that my little blog keeps a bit more up to date (and not leave it so long!), and also that I visit some of your lovely blogs to catch up with everyone's crafting. My Instagram page keeps pretty well updated (as it's easier to do a quick post!) so you can always find me on there if you use it. 

And a quick pic of our little garden, during the 'tidying up' process! 


Back soon,
Kim xx


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    thank you for your visit to me and your super comment.
    I think it's been a long time since I have visited you.
    Your cards are such lovely and wonderful makes as I eem to remember you always did.
    Love both designs and your wonderful colouring.
    Your garden looks very lovely and colourful.
    Lots of crafty love. jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, Thank You for dropping by my blog. Your cards are both super. I love the top one the colours are amazing. I think we have all had great ideas for our lockdown time, I did and still haven't done half of them!! Oops!! Take Care, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x