Wednesday 19 September 2012

Christmas Garland

Good morning all and hope that your week is going well.  Can't believe how fast the days go sometimes but I feel as if I've been busy all day every day for the last few days, but not quite sure how much I've actually got done!  My daughter is back from her holidays and I've been sat looking through her holiday pics - it was her first time abroad on holiday without us, which felt a bit odd for all of us! - but it seems that she had a great time! I've had a few short phone calls from my hubby who is working in Abu Dhabi this week - and keeps telling me that it's very hot and humid, so whenever he's outdoors (away from the air-con) he feels very sweaty!  I have pointed out that if he was at home he'd feel warm too - because I've got the fire and heating on! - and he'd also feel damp outside because it keeps throwing it down with rain! Autumn is definitely here in north west UK!

Anyway, on to today's card - and a fairly simple card today!  I bought this stamp quite a while ago from LOTV but this is the first card I've made using it (hangs head in shame....).

The stamp is 'Christmas Baubles' and is quite a traditional 'non-cute' image that would be suitable for anyone! 

I've coloured the stamp with promarkers and then added some Glossy Accents to the baubles - but with my dodgy photographic skills I can never seem to get this to show up!  I've also added little beads to the top of the baubles - if you can spot them lol! 


The backing paper is from K&Co and the sentiment stamp is from LOTV - with a bit of added stickles! The ribbon & gold thread is from stash and the 'bauble' button is from Buttons Galore. 
So a pretty simple card, but hope you like it! 
Back soon,  
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
CreativeCraftChallenge - anything goes
Ladybug Crafts - Christmas
TammysScrapinCorner - anything goes



22 comments:

  1. Lovely traditional style Christmas card Kim. Great image and I love the papers.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Kim. This is beautifully stamped and coloured. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a lovely card Kim, you've coloured the image beautifully. I love LOTV sentiments too.

    A great card.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Kim, love the image..[are you still hanging your head..lol..]Love the colours, fabulous colouring.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really gorgeous Kim. Great colouring. Glad your daughter had a good holiday. It is still very warm in our apartment so we haven't got the heating on yet here. Gets too hot in the winter as we have night storage heaters. I can't breath if I get up in the night to the loo!!!

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image and your colouring is fabulous

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Kim! I love it :) I love all your tales about your family as well :)

    The colours on this card are gorgeous, and I love the little beads you've used :) I can never get Glossy Accents to show either haha :P

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just gorgeous Kim...lovely stamp and such a lovely layout!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card Kim. Great image, beautifully coloured and love the papers you have used.
    Freezing in the North East too
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and image,love the design.
    Sue :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I have to say that this is my all time favorite Christmas stamp, I stress stamp, then I won't get into trouble from the team at LCI as we are showcasing the new digi images. lol.
    Love the colours and the papers and I can tell that they have been glossy accented.
    Thanks for joining in with the LCI photo inspiration challenge.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Kim, love the image.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely festive creation! :) Wonderful in traditional colours and those baubles and bauble trim looks fab! :)

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card Tilly. I love that stamp and I use glossy accents on anything I can lol. Your right though they never shoe up on photos . Have a lovely day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lovely card Tilly. I love that stamp and I use glossy accents on anything I can lol. Your right though they never shoe up on photos . Have a lovely day xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh that's gorgeous! Love the colours and the image is just lovely. I was tempted when LoTV brought it out, but I don't tend to buy many Christmas stamps - already got loads!!!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I love that image Kim. I daren't buy any more Christmas stash though this is very tempting! :)
    Super card.
    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd be hanging my head in shame a lot if I dug out all the un-inked stamps in my stash. Glad you got this one out cause I love those baubles. Beautiful card Kim. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for joining in with Creative Craft Challenges2 "Anything Goes".. Super card!!! Very very pretty .. Good Luck .. Annette dt ccc

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful, simple card, Kim! Thanks so much for joining us in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Tammy's Scrapin Corner this week. Hope to see you playing in our next challenge, too.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card - love the dangling bauble
    Thanks for joining us at LCI this week for our Christmas themed challenge
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really great project! Thank you for joining us this week at Creative Craft Challenges. NancyD

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x