Friday 21 September 2012

Frosty the Snowman!

Good morning - Friday already! Where did that week go? I seem to have done the usual rushing around and not getting very far! But had an enjoyable couple of hours yesterday, visiting my local craft shop, CardCraftUK and then going for some lunch with my daughter - two of my favourite things (crafting & food!). We're so lucky to have a good craft shop nearby, but the problem is I can never come out empty handed. Went in for some white card and somehow managed to emerge with two scrummy paper pads from First Edition! As if I haven't got enough paper! Sigh.
So, as it's Friday that means it's time for a new challenge over at CraftyCatz - and guess who's hosting this week's challenge? Yep, it's ME! So do pop over and have a look at the great DT inspiration. And don't forget that there is a DT call going on at the moment - there are more details on the CraftyCatz challenge blog!
And I've picked a nice easy one this week - 'Buttons'! We just want to see at least one button on your creation - how easy is that??
So here's my 'buttons' effort


I've used an image from this week's sponsor The Stamping Boutique - this cute snowman. 
The kraft backing papers are from LOTV, with some red card for matting and red ribbon from stash. 
I've coloured the image with promarkers and added stickles and some glossy accents on the buttons. The red 'snowflake' is from Spellbinders Persian Motifs (with added stickles!) and a snowman button.  Then three buttons with twine. The sentiment stamp is from LOTV. 
Hope you like it! So do pop over to CraftyCatz, get out your buttons and join in!
Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Sassy Cheryls - die cuts



12 comments:

  1. I love it Kim, it's a gorgeous card. You've coloured the fab image so beautifully and embellished your card perfectly. I love the snowman button!

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this snowman Kim, I love the kraft background too with all the snowflakes..fabulous colouring, fabulous card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the expressing on your snowman's face. Great colouring layout and design. Lucky you having a great shop so near. Or should that be unlucky ???
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful Kim. I love that snowman and the red works so well with the kraft card.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is super! You are seriously worrying me with the gorgeous Christmas cards you are producing. I just don't seem able to summon up a Christmassy mojo!

    Now your challenge, should you choose to accept it... is to nag me until I've produced some!!

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. He's one cute Snowman Kim, lovely colour combo and design. Thanks for playing along over at Fashionista this month and good luck. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, great image and love those backing papers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and the stamp is so cute.

    Thank you for entering our challenge over at Fashionista Challenge Blog
    Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next time!

    Hugs
    Eva`s Scraproom
    DT Member at Fashionista Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now this is a great Christmas card. Snowman, lots of cute snowflakes, great Christmas colors...just AWESOME all around!! Love it Kim! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow this is gorgeous. The colours are amazing and the layout is just perfect.

    Thank you for sharing your beautiful project with us at Creative Craft Challenges ... anything goes.

    xoxoxo Carly

    ReplyDelete
  11. love this cutie of a snowman....cute as a button hhugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me again... should really check DT comments before blogs I follow!

    Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x