Monday 20 May 2013

A Fairy Birthday!

Hello and just a quick post from me this evening (phew!).  Hope you've had a good start to the week. Just the usual here - apart from today was my daughter's first exam for her 2nd year at Uni so a few nerves. But she was ok when she got back (she's living at home this year!) so fingers crossed for the next 5 exams!

I made this card for a friend's daughter who is 11 today - happy birthday Imogen!

I've used LOTV stamp 'On tiptoes' - which I make no apology for using numerous times! I love this stamp! I've coloured it with copics and promarkers and added some glitter and pearl drops. The sheer ribbon is from Joanna Sheen and the pearl pin is from stash. 

The backing papers are from K&Co, and I've added Marianne die cut flowers and swirl. The sentiment is also from LOTV.  I've made this as a criss cross style card with a Tonic punched edge.


And thank you for all your lovely comments on yesterday's card - and I obviously struck a chord when I mentioned weight/exercise!  It seems many of us are in the same boat!  But Tilly the Dog, Lauren and I enjoyed our walk last night - and we went with my friend Sarah and her gorgeous Newfoundland dog, Monty - and I thought you might like to see a pic of them together! 

This is Tilly and Monty together (with my friend). As you can see, there is a bit of size difference (!) but they get along brilliantly - until Monty decides that Tilly would make a good girlfriend! Then he licks her ears for her - and she's such a flirt she seems to enjoy it! Oh joy! 
Anyway, back soon! 
Kim x 



18 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kim. I must make another card using that layout idea!

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst GORGeous! What FABulous colours Kim..I LOve your grass!
    Thanks for sharing your photo..Your Tilly looks at though she likes her picture taken.
    Chrissyxx
    I have this stamps in the drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that image Kim its gorgeous one I haven't got I think I need it LOL love that picture too:) gorgeous card really pretty and love the design too huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is a lovely card Kim. Everything about it I love. I haven't used this layout for a long time. Maybe it's time I did!
    Best wishes Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Kim. I love this image and the papers are scrummy. Love the design also.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Kim. I love that sweet image, I can see why you keep using her. The papers and flowers are gorgeous.
    A fabulous photo, made me smile!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kim, I love the colours and your colouring is fantastic :) Hope you enjoyed your walk!

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous shaped card Kim and a perfect showcase for that sweet image and I'm sure Imogen will love it.
    Wow... now that is a dog! Sheesh... who takes who for a walk! Me thinks that's a bag of dog food a day. It's a grand pic though, seeing Tilly and Monty taking your friend for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kim what a lovely card and yes i love that stamp. Thanks for sharing your picture of Tilly and Monty and friend of course what lovely dogs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeously pretty, yummy card Kim.
    Glad the dogs liked each other.
    Hugs
    Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card Kim and another good read.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really lovely, great colouring especially the grass.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow such a lovely card! I really love the criss cross style of card and hope to get to grips with making one next week when I'm off!! Beautiful colouring too!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Kim. I love this little fairy too and have used her so much. Love the colour scheme and pretty flowers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card Kim, I love the criss cross style, I have never made one of these.. will have to give it a go sometime. Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog too, I've really missed everybody!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Kim - stunning colouring and I love the card design.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Kim, so pretty and feminine. This was my first LOTV stamp and remains one of my favourites! Love your doggy pic too!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x