Tuesday 10 June 2014

A very Girly birthday card!

Hello all in Blogland - and apologies for being AWOL but life sometimes just gets in the way lol! I seem to have been so busy and I just realised that I haven't blogged for well over a week (which is quite a long time for me!). A very warm welcome to my new followers and I'm so pleased that you want to follow my blog - complete with it's waffle! I can't believe that June is speeding by so fast. My daughter has just finished her finals exams at Uni and is now waiting to see how she's done. It's her 21st birthday in a few weeks, then graduation, then she'll be heading South to Brighton to start her teacher training - and it's going to feel so strange when she leaves home!  I'm so thrilled for her starting a new phase in her life, but will miss her like mad. I suppose it's all part of the joy (& pain!) of having children. But I'll still have my 'little soldier' at home - although his face is a picture when I call him that lol! Teenagers are so easy to wind up, it should be a national sport! He'll be 16 in September, now 6' tall and with a deep voice - where did my little boy go?

Anyway, I got to thinking about ages and how fast they grow when I was asked to make a birthday card for a friend's daughter's 8th birthday and was given the 'brief' of "as pink and girly as you like" and she'd be thrilled to have her name on!  So I came up with this


I've used one of the new fairy stamps from LOTV, coloured with copics and pencil with some added glitter. 

The papers are from LOTV, and I've added so many other bits too lol!  The starburst die is from Joanna Sheen, with a Memory Box 'precious star', the lace, ribbon and pearls are from stash, and the lettering, sentiment and number dies are All Occasion Dies. 


The silvery paper insert was edge punched with a Tonic punch. 
Hope you like it - but I'm hoping that the little girl in question liked it which is the most important thing! 

Thanks so much for all the lovely comments about the crocheting. And I apologise that I haven't been around visiting Blogs over the last week or so and will try and get my act together a bit this week! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
CraftyBloggersNetwork - bingo (dies/image/patt. paper)
DragonflyDreams - things with wings
Pile it on - use patterned paper
The Ribbon Girls - girlie + LOTV
Crafting Musketeers - stamped image





23 comments:

  1. They certainly do grown up fast Kim.. By baby is 5 now.. I can't believe there are no more nappies, bottles, stair gates even the stabilizers on his little bike are off now :-(.

    Your card is wonderful, very girly..

    Wishing your daughter all the best too..
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is most definitely " as pink and girly as you like" Kim!! I dithered about getting this stamp...how I wish I did now!!

    How does the saying go - Your children hold your hand for a while and your heart forever. Actually swap heart for wallet that would be more like it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Elise will adore this. It's definately a girl's card and it is gorgeous.
    Best of luck to your daughter on your exam results. Hope she does well. They grow up far too quickly don't they - hugs Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally fab card Kim,couldnt get anymore girly if you tried.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Kim and a good read, good luck to your daughter with her future training.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your gorgeous card and sweet image.
    Hope your Daughter gets what's she need's.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card, nice papers and such a sweet image.
    Hugs Jacee
    http://www.simplypapercarddesign.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so gorgeous Kim, i am sure the young lady in question adored it.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, I'm sure it was very much loved x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the sweet image and beautiful colours with such pretty detailing too.
    Wishing your daughter all the best for the future. Brighton is not far from me, my daughter starts Sussex Uni in Sept, lucky it's near enough for her to travel to each day.
    Take care, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card, love the papers and that sweet sweet image. Time truly does fly, my eldest turns 16 in November and can start to learn to drive - ahhhh! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous card Kim I love those new LOTV fairies and your right about the months they are just flying by! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best wishes to your daughter! :-) I'd say you nailed all the requirements on this card Kim. It's adorable and totally girly. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very pretty Kim..love the sweet image and fab colouring..love the silver details.Very cute and girly...I'm sure she loved it.

    Luv CHRISSYxx.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card, love the image, definitely pink and girly, she's going to love it, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Crafting Musketeers challenge 14: stamped image, Hazel, DT Crafting Musketeers x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous image and yummy papers. Thank you for joining us at Pile It On his Time we look forward to seeing you again soon. Tracy DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a beautiful card Kim. Love the pinks and great image too! I am sure the little girl will treasure this.
    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very pretty card Kim. Love the image and colours are fab x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So beautiful, lovely image and beautiful design!
    Thanks for joining us at Dragonfly Dreams and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian
    Owner Dragonfly Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card! I love the papers you've used...just beautiful! Any little girl would be tickled pink to have her name added to the card...so special. Thanks for playing along with us at Pile it On! Good Luck!
    Tracey, DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a pretty card, and it has sparkles and a moon - it would be perfect to enter our current challenge (ending tomorrow) at Quirky Crafts. Cazzy x - on behalf of   the Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog DT. ps - we allow a little backdating!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girly and pink for sure Kim. Girly, pink and oh, so pretty! Love this LOTV image and the great layout. So sweet how it's personalized and she's going to love it.l

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x