Sunday 29 November 2015

Getting busy for Christmas!

OK.
On Tuesday it's 1st December and my preparations for Christmas amount to approximately '0'.
A big fat 'Nil'.
Apart from a selection of (too few) handmade cards and a few other handmade bits, I feel particularly un-ready for the arrival of the chubby man in the red suit.
Number of presents bought = 0.
Cards written =0.
Food bought or prepared =0.
I feel an official Christmas failure. Sigh.

I've been using a variety of excuses, ranging from being busy at work, getting things ready for a craft fair, new medication that the doctor has prescribed for me for my migraines that is seriously knocking me out (a genuine whinge there!), and probably a general lethargy/weariness associated with being a female of a certain age!  But I've decided I've got to put the excuses to one side, pull my big girl pants up and get on with 'Operation Christmas'.  I need to get back to my normal control-freaky behaviour of making lists, booking shopping slots, and getting everybody organised (even though the family usually ignore me anyway...!).

So, I've had a sort of spurt of energy this weekend(!) and made another half a dozen cards. I'm trying to get a surprise crochet project finished for someone that will be a special pressie (I can't really share pics of that yet - it'll have to be a post-Christmas post if you understand me!) - and even bought some food goodies for the freezer for when we have a house full over the festive period!

One of my cards is using the gorgeous trio stamps from LOTV


The images are coloured with copics and promarkers and the backing paper is from LOTV with some ribbon from stash. The sentiment is die cut using an All Occasions die. 

And thank you for all your good wishes about the craft fair - it was on Friday evening and was very busy despite the weather! And I was quite pleased to sell a few things - and had lots of nice chats with people too! 

I'll let you know how I get on with Christmas planning - wish me luck!  I'm always convinced every one else is more organised than me! 
Back soon,
Kim x


9 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card, those reindeer are so cute.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I really like the elongated design. Great card! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Join my club Kim. Just how I feel but I've not got the excuse of work! Great card though..I'm sure you'll get there x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutie Kim and your are not alone. Totally unorganised here!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute Kim. I am lacking on the Christmas prep but then I have got an excuse this year as hubby has been very ill since July.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely Kim, great design! I think I feel like you every single year-but it all gets done in the end so I'm trying not to let it stress me out this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are not alone Kim. Who took November off the calendar this year I would like to know!! Such a lovely card, the ribbon is a super touch xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous card Kim! I have really gone for it this year and nearly all the pressies are bought or ordered, but other things have had to take a back seat including crafting, so I am now really chasing my tail, I think there is always something as sadly there just aren't enough hours in the day, especially when you have to work too. Don't worry it will all work out in the end!! I am looking forward to seeing your next crotchet project.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with Operation Christmas ... I always think I'm almost ready and then it kinda all goes awry and pops me back into last minute panic mode!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x