Friday 6 November 2015

Stuck on the computer!

Hello all - I can't believe it's Friday again.  We've been back at school/work again this week and very busy (as always).  I hope that you enjoyed your Bonfire Night last night - despite the weather! - and have something nice planned for the weekend ahead.  My lovely old dog Tilly really didn't like fireworks and I used to have lots of toys and treats lined up to keep her mind off things. Grumpy Poppy the cat just lives up to her name though!  Last night one or two particularly loud "bangs" woke her up from her snooze on the sofa and she sat up and glared at us as if it was our fault! If looks could kill....

The majority of the cards I make tend to be either for family and friends' birthdays or by request/order and I was very pleased to receive an email recently from someone who said they'd seen my cards on my blog and wondered if I could make one - I was very flattered and very pleased to oblige!  She particularly liked the 'computer guy' image from Mo Manning - and I think it's a very good image for those teenage boys and men who love their computers (and I speak from experience here, living with a husband and son who love t'internet!).


I've coloured the image with copics and promarkers, and a mix of papers from stash. The sentiment stamp is from LOTV and the letter dies are from AllOccasions.
I used a brushed silver card for the base and decorated the inside to match


The lady who ordered it has received it now - and I'm hoping she likes it (and the recipient does!).

I'm hoping to get some crafting time in this weekend - still got quite a lot of Christmas cards to make and a craft fair in a few weeks so I'd better get a wiggle on! 

I hope you have a good weekend, whatever you have planned.
Back soon,
Kim x 




11 comments:

  1. Fabulous and wonderful card Kim
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant lad card Kim. We had baseball around from organised displays last night, but Suzy is totally deaf now so didn't hear a thing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant boys card, love the image.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great layout Kim, am sure your customer will be thrilled with it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Kim! I'm sure she was pleased. Awesome coloring and a wonderful design. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Kim and I am sure both parties loved it too.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is s a fabulous male card! Love the colour palette and your colouring is gorgeous too. I bet the recipient and her son loved it.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous mans card Kim. Great image x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card and love the image. Great layers too! TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x