Friday 23 June 2017

Long time, no see....

Well, what can I say? I must admit that I probably needed a little break from blogging, the mojo had somewhat deserted me as far as card-making went, time seemed in short supply and I kept looking at my craft stash but feeling distinctly uninspired. I just never expected the "little break" to last quite that long. And I've even had to resort to (shock, horror) buying some cards....!

But I've recently dusted off the stamps, pens, pencils & dies, and started to find the missing mojo a little bit. We have quite a few birthdays approaching so I gave myself a firm talking-to, got lots of pretty papers out and set to. So hopefully over the next few weeks I can share some of the recent makes, and I must admit that I was quite pleased with myself that I'd got quite a few finished cards to photograph!

This one today was made with one of the recent release digi stamps from one of my favourite shops, lili  of the valley!


Aren't they a cute pair? I've coloured the image with copics, promarkers & pencils. 

I'm not too sure about teddy colouring, but I'll keep practising! 
The papers are from LOTV, the sentiment stamp is from Whimsy,  and some die cut flowers & leaves, with pearls to finish! 



Hope you like it! 
And thanks for reading and catching up with me after rather a long absence! 

It's also a special day in our household as Ruby the Beastie Dog is 1 year old today! Always full of mischief and cuddles! 

Back soon!
Kim x 


13 comments:

  1. Lovely to see you Kim and with such a sweet card too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back Kim and love your adorable card..love the way the little Bear is looking up at the girl..fabulous colouring and happy birthday to Ruby..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Kim, love this stamp and the pretty die cut flowers.
    Good to see you back in blogland
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to see you back Kim and for sure, you still have tons of mojo and creativity because your card is gorgeous! I love this sweet image and the pretty flowers.
    Happy Birthday to Ruby... hope she gets a nice doggie treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and pretty Kim.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's lovely to see you back Kim! Your card is beautiful. I love the colours and sweet image. My mojo has left me at the moment, I've spent of the afternoon just sitting looking around my craft room with nothing even started. I am so glad yours is beginning to return.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely to see you back Kim, and your card is gorgeous! Love that sweet image and fab design too. Happy Birthday to Ruby :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, she's a year already. Don't they grow up so fast. She looks like a sweetheart. Your card is lovely. Always like your soft coloring style and those pretty die cut flowers are beautiful. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love everything about your card, the cute image and pretty papers. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous !
    Hugs, Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow super card Kim. I'd not read this post before. I had a break from blogging too and have just come back. I must admit it did me good too as I found all my time was taken up with it. It is nice to be back though. I do love this card x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x