Wednesday 11 October 2017

It's been too long!

I can't believe that it's been nearly a month since the last blog post! Shame on me! But I have still been busy crafting, but finding it easier (& quicker!) to post pics of my creations on my Facebook page and on Instagram - so if you use either of those social media 'thingys', please have a look and follow me there too!

I've been enjoying using some of the digi stamps from LOTV - well, I always loved their rubber stamps, so I suppose it was only natural that I'd love the digi stamps too!  And I keep trying to make a few Christmas cards. I don't usually make dozens as I like to make them all different and unique, and they take me a bit too long! But it's always nice to make handmade ones for close family and friends - they're more like a little gift.  If I end up with a stall at a Christmas craft fair again, there'll probably be a few on sale too. And I sometimes make a few to sell to order - it's lovely to know that people like my cards enough to want to buy them!

This latest one was a bit of a change for me, using an 8" x 8" card (as I so often use 6" square cards!)


As I'd sold a few unused craft things on a Facebook site, I treated myself to a large Tonic die set - this was a first attempt with it! I coloured the image with the usual mix of copics and pencil, with a touch of glitter

The papers are from stash (Dovecraft ones I think?).  I added a die cut poinsettia and bells, and the sentiment stamp is also from LOTV. 
He's such a cute little character! 

Hope you like it! 

And we've had a day of heavy, persistent rain, which is easing off with occasional flashes of sunshine - and we had a lovely 'double' rainbow at the back of the house an hour ago! 


Back soon,
Kim x 


7 comments:

  1. So gorgeous Kim, adorable image beautifully coloured... fabulous rainbow 🌈
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card.. it's so hard to keep up these days with all the new ways to share creations.
    I don't do much blog hopping lately but really want to get back into it.. I do little bits on Instagram too..


    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kim and I like how you've used the dies. The striped inset is so pretty and a perfect background for your prettily coloured image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute and pretty Kim. I don't seem to have time to get all my craft stuff out these days to craft. I don't enjoy sitting in here long without Tony anyway.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card Kim. Love the stamp and pretty die
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love the big die and papers
    Hugs Kaz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card. I. Don't use this die enough x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x