Saturday 13 April 2019

Woodland Blanket - Ta Dah Moment!

In advance, please forgive the bulk of photos! I've finished my 'Woodland' blanket - courtesy of Attic24 and a yarn pack from Wool Warehouse.  I started this one over the Christmas holidays, and so I suppose it's quite appropriate that I've finished it over the Easter holidays. It's been a fabulous project and one that I've kept crocheting on with, in between other projects, cardmaking, etc.


It's a lovely, large blanket, approximately single bed size (6' by 4') and so will be super for snuggling under on chilly evenings! 
It's a simple ripple pattern that is based on an old Shetland knitting pattern "Old Shale" - although in a crochet version of course! This gives a lovely ripple, with a slightly lacey feel


And I love the 'line' that appears from crocheting into the back of the loops. 
The colours gradually change from the 'woodland floor', with a combination of rich greens, browns, coppers, etc., through to the tree canopy with lighter greens and gradually up to the sky!  When it's folded in half it almost looks like two separate blankets



The border is a simple slip stitch edging, which I've done in 4 colours and I think it looks nice from either side! 


It's always a satisfying feeling when you complete a big blanket project - although I've now got to start planning the next project.  However, as we have a new grandchild due in a few months, I think I can probably find a few projects to be getting on with....

Hope you like the blanket! 
Back soon,
Kim x




2 comments:

  1. Brilliant make with colours for every season

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's stunning ...so many years since I did any crochet....xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x