Wednesday 15 July 2020

Birthday - in stitches!

Thank goodness we've reached this afternoon - the end of the weirdest of school years for me! It's our end of term today and it's been a frantically busy few weeks preparing everything ready for a start of term in September when we have all students back in school - although with all sorts of restrictions and guidelines in place.  With quite a large sigh of relief this afternoon, I turned off my work phone and laptop and closed the door on my 'home office' (i.e. the desk in my son's room as he is still in Glasgow where he is at Uni!). 

A slightly different sort of card to share with you today - made for my daughter's fiance's birthday. Male cards can sometimes be a bit tricky, but I'm hoping this worked ok!

I've used a variety of scrapbook papers, cut at random angles. I don't really 'do' random - it's harder than it looks haha!  I then added some zigzag stitching with the sewing machine, using a thicker top stitch thread.

I used the Hunkydory Moonstone 'Birthday' die - cut twice to give a shadow effect - and added a cute wooden star button for the "dot" on the i 

Quite simple, but I was pleased with the finished effect. 

Well, I'm hoping for a couple of weeks of chill time before I head back into the office.
Back soon,
Kim x 



2 comments:

  1. Ah this is super, what agreat card, I love your sewing on it. Hope you have a super summer break. Our schools came off in June so back mid August, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kim, great design and details, love the stitching..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x