Thursday 23 July 2020

Flowers for you

It has been a relaxed but quite productive week since we finished school for summer. Although I say 'finished', I do actually work some days over the holidays and I'll be back in for a couple of days in a week or so. But after all the disruption and 'weirdness' of school/work over the last few months, it really was nice to switch the work phone and laptop off and determine that I wouldn't keep checking my emails - a break was definitely needed!

I wanted to share a card today made with a cute LOTV digi stamp - these mice are just so sweet!


The image is coloured with copics and pencils
and the papers are from old LOTV stash.
The sentiment stamp is also from LOTV.
I've added a bit of stitching and some die cut flowers - and it makes a cheerful greeting card! 


As I mentioned, I have been quite productive this week! I decided to get busy in tidying up our conservatory - it's probably my favourite room in the house, in use every day, and even if it's grey and rainy (like it has been for most of the day today!), it still seems bright and welcoming in there. And it's nice to look out onto the garden - especially if we can't sit outside! And it's definitely my favourite place for a morning mug of tea, sat with the dog or to relax with my crocheting. But I felt it was looking a bit tired, so I got some chalk paint and revamped a cupboard and storage box in there and then moved some furniture around. It's amazing how a bit of re-jigging and upcycling can perk things up! I love the matt effect of the chalk paint - so I'm looking round for the next project....haha!


Thanks for joining me in my little corner of Blogland! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

2 comments:

  1. Ah this is super, what a cute wee card, Love the colours. Your conservatory looks lovely, It makes a big difference having a bit of a rejig, Hazelx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x