Monday 28 May 2012

All patriotic!

Good morning to all in Blogland! We've been blessed with another gloriously sunny morning here - hope you have too! Monday morning again - but it doesn't seem quite as bad when it's lovely weather. All the usual housework jobs are waiting for me (yuck) - reconstructing the house after the weekend! But no more laundry - because of the nice weather I think everything that wasn't nailed down has been washed, but I'm now faced with piles of ironing & things to put away!
Today's card (before I have to get on with the vacuuming!) is a cute LOTV image made with a number of challenges in mind. Sometimes I make cards from a 'flash of inspiration' and then other times I see a challenge on a blog and that inspires the card design instead. This time, the challenge was for patriotic colours/red, white and blue


The stamp is called 'Big Present' (wonder why..? lol!) and he's so cute. I've coloured him with promarkers and prisma pencils, but again, wasn't too impressed with my colouring skills on his hair - I must practice more! 
The backing papers were a freebie with a magazine, and the lovely spotty ribbons are from Joanna Sheen. The button and star gems are from my stash.
Have you anything 'patriotic' planned for the Diamond Jubilee next weekend? Last year we had a street party for the Royal Wedding, with the road closed and all the neighbours joining in of all ages, and it was great fun! But nothing planned this year - so I think we'll just have our own Jubilee tea party with family & friends. Good excuse for me to do some extra baking - the only problem is that I enjoy eating it too :(
Back soon, Kim  x

I'm entering this in the following challenges :-
papertakeweekly - true colours
craftyourdaysaway - red, white & blue
craftycatzweeklychallenge - card for a man
thecraftypad - colours of your flag


8 comments:

  1. Fab card Kim love the design and layout and your colouring is great. Enjoy the sun hopefully after housework thankyou for your kind comments yesterday feeling a bit better today. Caroline xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim, I love the bright, bold colours.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Kim! I love that image, so cute! Your colouring is brill, I love those stars too :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the image, so cute! The colours are great - thanks for linking up to The Crafty Pad's challenge this week. Estelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww Kim, this is just soo cute! Thanks for playing with us at The Crafty Pad this time!
    Hope you can play again soon!
    Good Luck
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww what a brill card i love the image and your colouring is great thank you for joining us at crafty catz
    linda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute little fellow! Wonderful design, love the little stars.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a stunning card - perfect for the challenge
    thank you for joining in the challenge at the crafty pad this week - hugs
    Debbi

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x