Thursday 31 May 2012

Exotic Elephant!

Hi, just a quick post from me today with a card that was something quite different for me! 
I had a play with some stamps that I've had lurking for ages but never really used much (and how many of us have got some of those?!). 

The stamps were from a set from Chocolate Baroque called 'Paisley Elephant'. I stamped two of the larger stamps in memento ink in cocoa and then had a play with a Big'n'Juicy ink pad (Mountain Meadow) and some Cut'n'Dry foam - just love those colours. The elephant image I stamped with memento black and then coloured with promarkers and distressed the edges with purple. 
I then layered these up with Coredinations card, gold mirri card, some fine peel-offs and some purple ribbon from my stash. Although it's quite a simple card I was quite pleased with the effect, and decided not to add any extra bling as the backing & images are quite detailed. A venture into something different for me - I'll need a lie down in a dark room now before I head back to pretty pastel colours & flowers lol! 
Back soon, Kim x

I'm entering this into the following challenges:-
Stampin' Royalty - masculine cards



8 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Kim love the elephant and the colours and design are fab. Have a great day Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is brilliant love the papers and would make a beautiful wedding card as I believe they ride elephants to weddings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never thought of that Sue! just went for the purple colours as 'royal' colours!
      Kim x

      Delete
  3. Great card.

    Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the colour combination you ave used for this!
    thank you for taking part in the challenge at ATCs and cards with attitude this week
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is different do like the patterns and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very eastern promise!! very different for you but really nice.
    Sandra
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card, different, and beautiful. Nice to change style now and then, love it. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x