Sunday 8 February 2015

Blanket finished !

Hello all and I hope your weekend is going well - and you're keeping warm! Still cold here, but not quite as cold, although today has started off a bit dreary. I was hoping to don the wellies and gardening gloves and do a bit of 'tidying' in the garden today - or at least to the point where I could see the spring daffodils starting to make an entrance! I'm hoping it cheers up a bit!

Anyway, just thought I'd share a few pics of the latest finished crochet project - a blanket for my lovely daughter Lauren! A friend (who's also a craft addict - very handy sorts of friends lol!) got some wool for me from her local discount store. Now sometimes these 'cheap' wools can be a bit scratchy and poor quality, but I have to say that this chunky wool was so soft and snuggly - and it was crying out to be made into a big cosy blanket! So out came a bigger sized hook and off we went! It was a lovely blend of blue and green shades that came out so nicely as the blanket got going.  I just sort of made a pattern up as we went along (a bit like my cooking recipes!) and decided that as the wool was a thick, very chunky wool, the blanket didn't want to be too heavy


It was so warm to snuggle under as it started to grow - definitely a good project for a chilly winter's evening!


And it just sort of grew and grew....


The finished blanket was about 6' x 4' (what I would call a single bed size) and is very warm and cosy, just right for wrapping round you when the weather is a bit chilly!  My daughter and her boyfriend are careful about the heating bills (it's odd how they suddenly become aware of how much things cost when they have to pay for it themselves lol!) - and I know how much she likes to snuggle into a cosy wrap, so it's now parcelled up and travelling down to Sussex with Mr Postman!


(Not a very good pic really - lovely winter sunshine, but leaving a big shadow of the door frame right across the chair!)
Apologies for all the pics, but it's so nice when you get a big project finished - and very nice to be able to share it! 
Thanks for looking - and for all the lovely comments you always leave. They mean so much!

Back soon,
Kim x 




15 comments:

  1. fab blanket, the wool looks a good quality
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your daughter is going to so happy to receive this Kim, it's gorgeous. I love the colours and wonderful design.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blanket looks gorgeous Kim and I am sure Lauren will be so cosy warm in it. Not long to you go and see her.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a smashing warm blanket Kim, a lovely job xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful Kim and Lauren is a very lucky girl indeed!! The colours are gorgeous and it's perfect for reducing heating costs!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous blanket Kim and it definitely looks lovely and snuggly ..great colours too I'm almost finished my cushion covers seem to have taken ages lol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yourt blanket looks so warm and cosy Kim and I love the speckles of white through the wool..well done..I can't even start a chain with a crochet hook..lol..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous blanket Kim, love the colour.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Kim - fantastic work - it looks lovely - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have done such an amazing job of this Kim! Your daughter will love it!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab blanket Kim - I love the wool, wish I could find the time to craft at knit everything I want to! i nearly finished a little hat for my grandson last night then found a dropped loop that i just couldnt put right so had to pull it back to the rib grrr - feeling demotivated lol hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous blanket Kim, love the colours in the wool, looks so warm and cosy, bet your daughter will be made up with it, I'm halfway through a blanket myself, but it's taking a bit of a back seat to everything else at the moment, hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The blanket has now arrived down South and it is so so cosy and warm! Very grateful x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful blanket and I love the colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful blanket, I love the colours you chose :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x