Friday 13 February 2015

For a Birthday Boy!

Hello all - I hope your week has been a good one? Thank you for all your lovely comments about the latest crochet blanket which has now arrived at it's destination and spends a lot of its time draped around my daughter!  She has reported back that it's very warm and cosy!

A busy week here but we break for half term today - Yippee! (Did I sound a bit pleased there? lol!). And I am so ready for a break as it seems to have been a busy time, lots of things going on - not to mention a certain amount of stressing on my part! Youngest had his mock GCSE exams, daughter hasn't been too well, busy at work - yes, I'm definitely ready for a few days off. And I'm leaving the boys (i.e. husband & son) home alone next week for a few days when I head off to see our daughter in Sussex. It'll feel a bit odd travelling & staying somewhere on my own - I'm so used to being with offspring, husband or friend! I'll leave the males in the house with the usual list of instructions (most of which they'll probably ignore anyway). I might be better off leaving Grumpy Poppy the cat in charge....   We had a parents evening at school for youngest this week and it was the usual 2 hours of traipsing up and down corridors, into various classrooms, talking to teachers about a different boy - well, it seems to be a completely different one to the one that inhabits an upstairs pit bedroom in our house.  The one at school is apparently hard-working, quite quiet, high achieving, polite and an all-round nice guy. How odd.....

Anyway, as it's already Friday (where did the week go?) it is time for a new challenge over at Crafty Catz and our lovely Aunty Sue has set us the challenge this week of 'One for the boys'!  So we'd like to see your crafty creations with the male of the species in mind.  Our sponsor this week is Creative Classroom and they are offering the winner a free seat to an online workshop (valued at $25 or less).

I thought I'd share the card made for my husband who celebrated a birthday very recently!


I've used a digi stamp from Make It Crafty, coloured with Graphit pens


The backing papers are from LOTV as are the little sentiment tags, secured with brads. The hessian and tag are from stash with lettering done using AllOccasions dies. 
Hope you like it.
And do have a look at the fabulous inspiration from the DT - and then join in the challenge at Crafty Catz with your 'One for the Boys'! 
Back soon,
Kim x 


26 comments:

  1. I just love this Kim - just my kind of card. I 'm one of these odd people who actually likes to make male cards - especially with this type of fun image - this is such a great layout too. Reading your post reminded me that i so don't miss parent evenings lol now that mine are all past school age the only problem is theres no one to remind me that there's dr jekyl and mr hyde in our family too - we only see the mr hyde a lot of the time!! enjoy your time away hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. a lovely card, enjoy your week off and your visit
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kim this is awesome love the image and thanks for making such a fab card for the challenge. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great guy card and perfectly designed. Fun image and I really like the burlap too.
    So cute about 'the boy upstairs'...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card Kim love the image and fabulous design enjoy your break and have a lovely weekend
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so awesome Kim love it and I am sure hubby did too. On the subject of your son I suppose he has to let off steam at home as he is on his best behaviour at school and he would explode otherwise. Lol!!!
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABulous! LOve your design and colours Kim.
    I bought the full set of these images lol...LOved them all.
    Chrissyxx
    Crikey you have been busy..Parents evenings now are me looking after our Granddaughter whilst DIL sees parents.
    Enjoy your few days away..it will be lovely being with your daughter on your own time for catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab card Kim, I just love your colouring, so professional looking. Enjoy your half term-it's a great feeling isn't it?? xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Kim, I so love this image...Great for so many Man cards.......
    I think the report on your son was brilliant,I know I always felt quite happy when the shock had worn off...lol....Have a nice week off....enjoy...xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous male card Kim, great image and design
    .enjoy your half term week.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous masculine card Kim..love the burlap and his imagination bubble..lol..the little tags and fabulous colouring..great card.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Kim, great design, perfect colouring!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is fabulous Kim, such a great image and brilliant colouring.
    I hope you have a lovely time with your daughter in Sussex, you will be just up the road from me!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haven't seen this character. He's having quite a day dream isn't he. Fun card and one that I bet got a chuckle from your hubby. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim,
    what a very fab card.
    great design for the men.
    I know someone who this would suit too.
    Super designing.
    Enjoy your time away with your daughter.
    There is nothing like mother and daughter therapy.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card KIm - brilliant image and I love the stitching and great LO.
    Have a wonderful half term.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A brilliant mans card. Fab image and layout.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fab card! Love that hessian - it looks fab. The image is great too - I really struggle with men's cards. Have a great weekend. Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a wonderful card! Love the colours, brilliant image and fab design!
    Have a lovely time with your daughter!!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my - this is fabulous! Love the layers and that great fun image! Enjoy your time with your daughter and the little break. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love it Kim, great colouring and love the use of the hessian. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is the perfect male card Kim, I now a lot of blokes that would love to recieve it.

    Have a great Sunday and a good week to come!
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  23. Heee that's such a perfect image, I'm sure your hubby loved it!
    Enjoy your trip to your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous card! love the image and layout. Hope you're having a good week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x