Friday 6 February 2015

Looking gorgeous!

Hello all, Friday again already?  But I am sooo ready for the weekend! Just one more week of this half term left to go and then a week off - and I'm getting excited as I'm leaving the boys here at home to cope and going to spend a few days with my gorgeous daughter in Sussex. I'm hoping we can get some nice girly time together - I've missed that so much since she moved last summer!

Anyway, as it's Friday, it's time for a new challenge over at CraftyCatz.  We had some really fabulous entries last week in the stitching challenge so don't forget to see who was the winner and the top 3.  This week our lovely Janette is hosting the challenge and it's a nice easy one - 'Birthdays'. So we'd like to see your gorgeous birthday creations. Our sponsor this week is Rick St Dennis and I've used one of his digi stamps for my card (and no, it's not me first thing in a morning - even if it does bear a spooky similarity....)


I've coloured the image with promarkers and Graphit pens


The backing papers are from First Edition, with a computer-printed sentiment, and I've used a Sizzix die to make the flower.
Hope you like it!
Do have a look at the fantastic inspiration from the DT over at Crafty Catz HERE (they really are a talented bunch!) - and then join in with your birthday creation.
Back soon,
Kim x 


14 comments:

  1. She is lovely Kim. Fabulous subtle colour palette and detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, what a fabulous card, love the image and sentiment fits perfectly....
    I am sure you and your daughter will have a lovely time...not the same when they are away is it.....
    Enjoy your week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fab card Kim - that's me in the morning minus the rollers lol - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely colours and fab image, think we all look like this in a morning lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this great fun image Kim. Gorgeous colour palette and papers.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Kim, great paper and what a super image, such fun, love it!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the image Kim, and I swear we had some wallpaper like that when I was little-just fab!! Hang in there, only one more week to go, I'm counting down too. Have a lovely time with your daughter xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, I love this - what a fabulous image!!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend with your daughter. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Kim, such a great image and I love the papers.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks fantastic. Love the colours you picked, perfect with this image. And the sentiment made me giggle....

    Have a great weekend
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kim love the image and sentiment and wonderful colour's have a lovely weekend
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful and fun card! Great image and pretty paper too.
    I have to say, I love the blanket you made... I really like the blue/green colours and your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the colors you used, Kim, so fresh and juicy. And I really love this stamp. Great background paper.
    Have a nice week!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab card - and it reminded me of myself first thing in the morning lol! The papers and design are gorgeous too!
    Hope you have a wonderful time with your daughter.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x