Sunday 28 April 2013

Feeling a little green...!

Hello to all in Blogland and I hope that you've been having a good weekend whatever you've been doing!  Nothing out of the ordinary here - the usual catering/cleaning/pet care!  And it's a very grey morning here so hoping that I might get some crafting in later (a list of DT things to be done lol!) after I get the dreaded ironing done! (sorry to use bad language on a crafting blog...lol!). Whose idea was it that white shirts should be worn for work and school? Obviously some sadistic person that didn't do the laundry. And I just feel that if I don't do it, the two options are my son would look like he'd permanently slept in his clothes (although admittedly it does look that way occasionally) or that he'd cause an electrical fire if I insisted he iron his own clothes!  And yes, I do know in my heart of hearts, that once he leaves home I can't ever imagine him ironing any clothes anyway!

Anyway, apologies for the little rant! Just wanted to share this card with you that I made with a cute LOTV stamp 'A saucer of milk'


I've gone for green shades on this one, but now I thinking that maybe it looks a bit dark?  I've coloured the image with promarkers and flexmarkers


I've distressed the edges and added some TH distress inks. The backing papers are from K&Co (just love these!) with some flowers & leaves from WOC. The seam binding ribbon is from Pretty Little Ribbon Shop and the ticket sentiment is from Whimsy, with their ticket die.  The cream lace is from stash. 


And I decorated the inside to match! 
Hope you like it! And I hope that you enjoy the rest of your weekend.  I'll grit my teeth and get the ironing board out! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Shellys Images - flowers
Sisterhood of Crafters - anything goes
A&T Emerald Faeries - 1,2,3 (one image, 2 design papers, 3 embellishments - 3 flowers)



24 comments:

  1. So beautiful, lovely colours and sweet image and I love the inside too!. Thank you for joining in my 'Animals' challenge at PFP.
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim can i bring my ironing round and then i can play too. I don't mind sharing my chores with you. Lol. Lovely cute card always coloured beautifully. Dogs a sleep on my feet so can't get up to do anything might have to do some blogging

    ReplyDelete
  3. So soft and elegant Kim, wonderful inside and out.
    I hate ironing, have fun.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card in and outsite.
    Gr Elly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Housework should be banned Kim then just think of all of the crafting time you could have.

    Thankfully my hubby does the ironing im my house (when he is home lol).

    Your card is outstanding as always,im jealous of your colouring lol.

    Hope you enjoy your crafting time.

    Traceyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just adorable. So love the soft colouring and awesome image.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this card! I keep looking at her pretty dress but I also like the papers, layout and embellies. I thought I had all the Whimsy ticket sentiments but I don't have this one and I like how the sentiment is verticle. Off to shop...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this one Kim. Fab image, beautifully coloured and love the papers you have used. Really smiling about the shirts, I am so lucky to be single.... only have mine to iron :)
    Enjoy :)
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL design and fabulous coloring! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘Free For All (anything goes)’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kim, love the papers and sweet image, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kim,
    another super card and image, that is wonderfully coloured in too. I really do like that image it is so cute.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend. Sorry your weather isn't as good as in Kent.
    I know what you mean about ironing I had 3 children in school that wore blue shirts. So every Sunday it was iron 12 shirts that had been washed over the weekend. Oh those were the days. lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so gorgeous Kim. I don't think it looks too dark at all. Gorgeous image and layout.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. So gorgeous Kim. I love that sweet image, your colouring is fabulous and those papers are beautiful.
    You definitely have my sympathies regarding the ironing!

    Thank you for taking part in the Passion for Promarkers Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really gorgeous Kim, love the colours, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is beautiful Kim luv those papers the colours are gorgeous and such a sweet image, we all need a rant now and again my son is exactly the same.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Kim - such a sweet image - so beautifully coloured.
    Love the DP's and fab LO.
    Debs xx

    ps Thanks for playing along at AGOAC - good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Kim. The image is so sweet and I love the colours and pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card - love the colours and the papers - fabulous! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. What lovely papers Kim. Adorable image and great coloring. Hope you found a little quiet time for your self too. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful colours - love the way you decorate the inside aswell xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous card Kim! Love the design and beautiful colouring.

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful! Hope you got to cross some of the things of your list.
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cute card great take on the Green chall theme.

    Thanks for sharing at AGOAC this wk

    smiles Christine x theme

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome card. Love the soft colors. Your coloring is wonderful and love how you finished the inside of the card. Thanks so much for playing along with us in The Sisterhood of Crafters.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x