Monday 16 January 2017

Birthday Girlie!

I can't believe how fast the last couple of weeks have gone! After new year, we had a few relaxing days of clearing up Christmas (not that relaxing!) and dog walks with the Rascally Ruby! And then .... drum roll .... it was "Back To Work"......  Although I'm not inclined any more to lie-ins (having gone through years of babies, toddlers, school runs, dogs, etc.), it's still always a shock to the system when the alarm starts going off again.  It seems even worse at this time of year when that dratted alarm goes off and it's still pitch black outside! Added to the drain of early starts, is the usual chaos, hustle and bustle of the start of term - school offices at the start of term are a thing to behold! But we're gradually getting back into the pattern of working life again (albeit with an eye on the next holiday!).  But I must try and stick to one of my 'unwritten' resolutions to get busy and make some cards! My crafting efforts have been pretty appalling lately, and although I've blamed lack of free time, Ruby, general winter weariness, I must stop making excuses and actually crack on and get some cards made! I have kept busy with the crocheting, and am currently working on an order for a baby blanket, so I'm not sat about doing nothing!

Anyway, I realised that I hadn't shared this card that I made a while ago - a very special one for our little granddaughter Isabella!


Apologies for the rather rubbish quality of the photo - these winter days really don't lend themselves to any photos! 
I used a LOTV digi stamp, coloured with copics with some added glossy accents (which sadly doesn't show up on the pic!)


The backing paper is from LOTV, as is the sentiment, and I've used Britannia flower dies, Memory Box heart dies and LaLaLand banner die.

Hope you like it! 
And I thought I'd share a couple of pics from one of our new year doggy walks at Glasson Dock (not far from our house) - with a pic of me & Ruby (we have lots of pics of Rubydoo, but pictures of me are as rare as hens' teeth!)




Thanks for looking - and thanks for all the recent comments! 
Back soon,
Kim x 






10 comments:

  1. A very pretty card Kim. Love the stamp and gorgeous colours.
    Only 5 weeks until half term!....I'm counting!!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card kim, your colouring is gorgeous. Lovely photographs too xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card Kim, I love the colour combo and cute stamp. Thank you for sharing the pics, it's lovely to see such beautiful blue sky.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. such beautiful colours Kim and lovely dies too. lovely pics of your lovely walks too - never mindsummer is on it's way the dark mornings will soon be gone hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Kim - beautiful colouring.
    Have a wonderful day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty cute card Kim and I adore the views of your walk.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I like the pastels and your pretty coloring Kim. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a sweet card!
    Great pics of you and Ruby, she's getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card. And fabulous pics :-) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was just surfing the blog world and this card caught my eye. Such a cute card. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x