Sunday 12 May 2013

April (No, I know it's May now...!)

Good morning all in Blogland and I hope that your weekend has been going well? It's a peaceful Sunday morning here - daughter has gone off to work on her weekend job and son stayed at a friend's last night, so hubby and I are having a (rare) quiet morning with tea and newspapers! How civilised lol!  Tilly the Dog has been a bit poorly this weekend - but as I've tried to explain numerous times to her, drinking dirty water from the pond and hoovering up any scraps (and bird food in the garden) is not a good combination and is bound to lead to tummy upsets.  So, as I do whenever she's had a poorly tum, she's been on a chicken and rice diet for a day or so.  I think she does it on purpose now as I'm quite sure that she'd like to stay on a chicken and rice diet for quite a while..... Hmmmm!  She's a lot bouncier now than she was 24 hours ago but whenever I mention going back on the doggy biscuits she assumes the "Woe is me" expression. She'd be an Oscar-winning performer, and definitely has a touch of the Gloria Swanson as Norma Desmond about her!  (Sorry, for younger readers you might need to Google that one!).

Right, apologies (yet again) for all the waffle! I really must stop wittering on!  The card I'd like to share with you today I made with one of the more recent releases from Mo Manning called 'April' and she is just the cutest!


I'm definitely not a CAS sort of gal! 
I've coloured the image with a mix of copics, promarkers and flexmarkers

The gorgeous backing paper is MyMindsEye Miss Caroline range and I just love the combination of colours, peachy pinks, yellows, greens, teal, etc.! 
I've mounted the stamp onto a Spellbinders floral oval. The peach ribbon is from stash and the rich teal coloured ribbon is from CardCraftUK. The gorgeous watering can charm and peachy Prima flowers were from some fabulous blog candy goodies I was lucky to win from Eileen. I've added a button from stash. 
And decorated the inside to match! 
Hope you like it. 
And I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend. 
Back soon, 
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Colour Me Creative - anything goes
MyTimeToCraft - show us the inside
Our Creative Corner - anything goes
SugarCreekHollow - spring flowers
StampinfortheWeekend - button it up
Divas by Design - anything goes




33 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Kim, lovely crisp detail. So sweet image and design. Fabulous Sunday morning read, hope Tilly is better soon.
    Take care,
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim this is so pretty and smacks of spring.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, long time no visit I know! A gorgeously pretty card here, such lovely Spring colours and a sweet image.
    Sorry to hear Tilly hasn't been well, animals do silly things! Had to stop one of our bunnies eating ivy of all things a few days ago - definitely not good for his tummy.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Kim,that image is so adorable.
    Hope Tilly feels better soon.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning!!! I love that backing paper, the colours are amazing. What a sweet sweet image and love how you have coloured her - amazing! TFS and a Happy Mothers Day:-)
    Karon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim. I love that sweet image, you have coloured her so beautifully and the papers and details are all so pretty.
    I hope you enjoy the rest of the day
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great card thanks for sharing with us at Divas by Design this week with our Anything Goes love your colouring and great image

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this card Kim, you have used this gorgeous image beautifully. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kim. The image looks fabulous and I love the pretty papers and little watering can charm.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just fab! You done an amazing job with this card. Love the colours and the paper is so cute and what can I say about your colouring, well you inspire me!

    Hope you have a great week!
    Hugs Nick

    ReplyDelete
  11. JUst GORgeous! What a cutie this image is...FABulous colours Kim..
    LOve the little charm too.
    Chrissyxx
    We have the same kinda troubles with our little dog...
    She's a 'hoover' too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card Kim, love the papers & beautifully coloured image.
    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. You did just fine with CAS, and you picked some amazing papers to use. Such a pretty collection. Beautiful job with April sweetie. Hope Tilly feels better soon. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A wonderful card, Kim!
    You coloured her so very well!

    Thank you for sharing this with us at OurCreativeCorner!

    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just the cutest ever image and is on my ever growing wish list log at Mo's. I adore your colours and awesome layout.

    Give Tilly a gentle cuddle from me.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Adorable card Kim - beautifully coloured image and I love the sweet charm.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fabulous card. I so wish I could colour like this. It is fab!
    Best wishes
    Lea x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Kim it's just adorabubble, so fresh and summery looking. Thank you for sharing with us over at Jellypark Friends for our Girly Challenge. Mel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous Kim :) I love the pretty summery colours, they really suit that cute image!! And I love that watering can charm

    hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cheerful card. The image is adorable and so nicely coloured. Thanks for joining us at Sugar Creek Hollow.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card Kim image is so cute Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. another really georgeous card - beautiful colours. I always love the way you finish the inside aswell ( I must remember to try and do this) xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh she's so sweet Kim. But right now, I don't think she needs that watering can to water the plants. The rain is doing that :(

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a wonderful card Kim! Love the colour combo and superb colouring! Hope Tilly is feeling better now.

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous design, thanks for joining us at my time to craft. Good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  26. such a gorgeous card, beautiful colouring and I really like that backing paper. Tilly does sound as if she would like to stay on the rice and chicken diet :0) Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really beautiful, and so colourful! Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design this week.

    Hugs,

    Mirella

    ReplyDelete
  28. So cute, Kim! The papers and flowers are gorgeous. Sweet image and lovely card! xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is beautiful! Love Your coloring! Just perfect! :) Have a nice day, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Gorgeous card! Your coloring looks great and I love how you embellished your card. Thanks for joining us at CMC.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  31. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Our Creative Corner - Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is lovely Kim. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your card is just adorable, love what you did with the inside. Thanks for joining us at CMC. Love seeing your creation, good luck on the challenge.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x