Friday 2 April 2021

A Meadow Blanket for Spring!

 It's beautiful sunshine here again today - thank goodness - but definitely on the chilly side. But from inside looking out, it's fab - haha! 

I wanted to make a blanket for a special friend for a 'big' birthday, and decided to join in with the Meadow CAL from Attic24, starting in January this year. Yesterday, we were finally able to meet up (albeit outside for a joint walk & alfresco lunch with our dogs and partners) and swap long overdue Christmas pressies, and I could also gift her the finished blanket! 


Made with Stylecraft SSDK, it's crocheted in a type of 'twisted treble' stitch, that makes for a warm and snuggly blanket with a lovely soft drape

Unfortunately it's not the time of year for a photogenic 'meadow' shot, so I tried a 'garden' photo with the daffodils instead! 



I love the colour shades as they move through the blanket from the flowery/grasses colours, to the soft summer skies shades




But of course, as is always the case in this house, when I try to take any sort of 'arty' photo (in the garden or the house', a certain furry intruder likes to photobomb...

Anyway, please excuse the amount of photos, but I hope you like it! Thankfully, my friend Liz, was delighted with it (which is the main thing) and it will hopefully help to provide some nice 'snuggle down' moments with a mug of tea and a good book in the future! 

I hope you enjoy your Easter/Bank Holiday weekend, however you are spending it. After the first 'social' day in a long while yesterday (with the dog walk, etc.), it's just husband and I - and Beastie Dog - for a relaxing weekend! 

Back soon,
Kim x 

2 comments:

  1. That has turned out beautiful Kim and I bet your friend was delighted. My Cosy Stripe is still a !! Wishing you a peaceful Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful blanket Kim,gorgeous colours and so glad your friend loved it, love seeing it nestled in with your gorgeous daffodils and your cute dog..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x