Thursday 7 June 2012

For Dad!

Hi and I hope that the sun is shining for you? It's definitely not here lol! It's been a busy few days - back to routine next week I hope when half term is over. I love having the school breaks but any routines (and spare time) seems to disappear!
Anyway, today's card is another prepared for forthcoming Fathers' Day - and I love this LOTV image

The colours look quite pale in my photo - but I'm sure they're a bit stronger in 'real life' lol! 

I've coloured the image with promarkers and distressed the edges. 
The backing papers are American Crafts and K&Co, with a little added twine and Marianne die of ivy leaves.  The 'Dad' wording is from Sizzix transfers and the sentiment stamp is a Whimsy one, with the Whimsy ticket die - just love that set! 
Thought that wording was quite nice for a special dad! 

I'm entering this in the following challenges :-
C.RA.F.T. Challenge - male card
Lilis Little Fairies - one for the boys
PennysPaperCraftyChallenge - I love you dad
ThePoodlesParlour - Fathers' Day

I'm hoping to get some crafting time this weekend - got a birthday and wedding card to make! 
But before I go I just thought I'd share another couple of cards made for the Cats Protection open day with the Joanna Sheen Furry Friends cd

Just love that cat's expression! Looks about as happy as our cat! I added sentiments done on the computer and Disney die cut & emboss clown hats with added gems!

And isn't this one a little cutie? So cuddleable! The backing papers are Nitwit ones with added button, ribbon, pearls & gems from stash and the sentiment from LOTV.
Hope you like them.
Back soon, Kim x 





14 comments:

  1. Great card Kim love the image and I love those Whimsy sentiments too. Love the other 2 card's the first one looks like my cat when she was young. Have a good evening. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely selection of cards. I love the LOTV image and the furry friends images are all fab.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your fathers day card, that image is so perfect with the flat cap and the newspaper, all Dads are still wee boys at heart
    Toni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fathers day card is just perfect. Thank you for joining us over @ Poodles Parlour this week and hope to see you again.
    Hugz Elaine
    PPDT

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fathers day card is great, just the kind of card my Dad would like :D. I love the cat cards too, dont they just look great, cats are such great characters xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim this is brilliant and have this stamp must dig it out. Thanks for sharing at CRAFT and congrats on the DT call at CRAFTY CATZ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining us at The Poodles Parlour this time! These are all great cards but the first one is my favourite.

    Chrizette
    DT Member
    Celestial Things

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi tilly nice to meet you too hunnie...well what have we let ourselves in for lol!!! lots of fun i reckon..so as newbies we might just need each outher to support our new venture...congrats also..we made it through yeahy!!.. ooops nearlly forgot your cards are just so cute love the kitten ones as im a cat lover ...hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Kim, Cats P will be delighted. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great creation! I love the image and how you used our theme at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what a gorgeous image. I just love it! Your super colouring skills have really bought it to life.
    Great to see you at CRAFT this week. Hope we see you again soon.
    Hugs Sheryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for joining us this week with your great "card for a male". It is just so perfect for our challenge

    Good luck

    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I just love your LOTV card. Perfectly coloured and love the embellies with those leaves, tickets and string. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge
    and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card and I love that image. (Love the cat cards too!!)

    Thanks for joining us at Pennys and hope to see you again for our next challenge!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x