Friday 26 December 2014

A fishy Christmas!

Hello all, I hope that Father Christmas came to call - and had some crafting goodies for you? We had a fairly quiet day yesterday, and it felt very strange not to have our daughter with us (I suppose the first time is always difficult!). But we all relaxed and did the usual thing of eating too much, not doing enough, etc. But our girlie joined us today and it was lovely to have a family lunch together! Now enjoying a quiet half hour before son returns from the Boxing Day football match he's been to - and then the whole shenanigans of food & washing up starts again....

My hubby and I usually just get each other small gifts for Christmas as the focus has always been the offspring - and when there are 4 to budget for (+ partners!) we're used to being bottom of the list lol! However, he has kindly bought me a set of 24 Graphit pens to play with and I am so looking forward to getting all the crafty goodies out again and doing some colouring. I have half a dozen Graphit markers and enjoy using them, so I'm hoping these will be as good!  I'll let you know.  My non-crafting friends would probably be totally confused as to how some alcohol markers can be so exciting...

Anyway, just thought I'd share yet another Christmas card, made for a colleague for her husband.  He is a VERY keen fisherman, and she wanted a Christmas card with fishing theme - something I think she'd have difficulty finding in a shop!


I've used a Bugaboo digi featuring the fabulous Gus, coloured with copics and Graphits (the few that I then had lol!). I've added glossy accents but I don't think it shows up on the pics
The backing papers are from LOTV, with an AllOccasions die cut sentiment. The ribbon and berries are from stash and the die cut holly leaves are using a Joanna Sheen signature die.

Hope you like it. 
I hope you enjoy the rest of your Christmas break, whatever you may be doing. 
Thank you for all your support and comments - they are appreciated SO much! 
Back soon,
Kim x 



10 comments:

  1. This is such a fabulous card. Love the image. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kim, such a fun image and I love the detailing.
    Glad you have had a good Christmas so far.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous Christmas card for a keen fisherman Kim. Glad Christmas has gone well.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card Kim and such a fun image. Lucky you to be getting markers from the hubs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim, I've been trying to leave you a message but blogger has been playing up!!!! I'm hoping this one works at last! I hope you had a fabulous Christmas and wish you all the best for the New Year. The card is fab - what a fantastic image! Great backing papers too. Sending hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim great card and fab image! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha fab card Kim. Great character x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you couldn't find a much better image for a fisherman than old Gus. hee hee I'm sure they were both well pleased. It's a fantastic card Kim. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card Kim, such a great image

    All the best for the new year!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous Kim. Love the fun image and papers.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x