Monday 27 April 2015

More cute things!

Hello all and I hope that you've had a good week and an enjoyable weekend. We had a busy one here as usual, with a craft fair on Saturday - and plenty of gardening on Sunday!  But we're about to start exam season here at our house now (as in many others across the country!).  My son has his first exam starting tomorrow - a 10-hour art GCSE spread over 2 days!  That should keep him busy!  He enjoys his photography and film-making, so is doing a film for his art, and has been busy doing all the prep work for it, with lots of snippets of film and photos taken. He'll then be busy in the exam editing it all, adding sound effects, etc. I'm hoping I get to see the finished product!  And my daughter has been busy getting ready for going back into school as part of her post-grad teacher training - apparently the next class she's going into and teaching in until the summer has 30 children aged 8 or 9, consisting of 6 boys and 24 chatty girls!  So that should keep her busy too lol!

Anyway, I just thought I'd share a little more of the cute crochet!  This was a hat and bib set, made in a gorgeous variegated pink & lilac yarn. There are lots of patterns around on the internet, so I've sort of used a few ideas from them and made up my own!





I've finished the bib off with some cute spotty ribbon and flower buttons. 
What do you think? 
I'm adding them to my Etsy shop - do have a look if you get chance! 

And a little pic of the "stall preparation" from our stall on Saturday. It was at a little church hall that was having a fund-raising coffee morning and craft fair for the village summer Gala and Rose Queen


I shared a stall with my friend who makes lots of lovely stitched goodies, keepsake bears, cushions, etc.!  It wasn't too busy, but we sold a few things and chatted to some friendly people! Always an enjoyable way to spend a couple of hours.

I'll try and get some Blogland visiting done over the next few days and catch up with what everyone has been up to.
Hope that your week goes well,
Back soon,
Kim x 





8 comments:

  1. What a darling little set Kim, love the variegated yarn you chose xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim,
    these are so gorgeous, and beautiful.
    Love the super colour of your wool, and the fab design you have created.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the bib and hat was WOW. They are absolutely beautiful Kim.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh they are so cute Kim, such a gorgeous set and pretty colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You brought back memories of '0' and 'A' levels there Kim and I shuddered lol but it's worth all the hard work..love these you have made really gorgeous ..huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really pretty little set Kim. Gorgeous colour. Your little family sound very busy, I wish them both every success.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous little hat and bib - wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x