Thursday 14 May 2015

Pretty springtime crochet

Hello all and I hope that your week has been going well?  Another busy one here, with youngest now in the middle of his GCSE exams and lots for me to do at work (and home of course!).  Thank goodness for crafting as a form of therapy lol!

I've been busy making a few more things to add to my new Etsy shop and hoping that they will appeal to people browsing for gifts and ideas!

I love flowers in my garden and so naturally enjoy making crochet ones too!  So I thought I'd add a crochet flower brooch.  I've made a couple of these in different variations and they seem to have sold quite well when I've done the odd craft fair, so I'm hoping that they might prove popular on Etsy


I always think these look cute made with 100% cotton yarn as it seems to add definition to the stitches.



I've added a little padding, a felt back and a brooch pin.  They look very cute added to jackets, woollens or bags! 

I've also made another couple of kindle/e-reader cases with some lovely silky-finish yarn and the variegated colours add a gorgeous pattern to the finished case






What do you think?  I'd love to hear your opinions! 
And please pop over to the Etsy shop - HERE - and take a look.  It's always good to get some feedback and learn what works and what needs changing.  I'm never too sure about the wording, etc., so your thoughts would be most welcome! 

Well, I'm going to settle down and carry on with my big blanket - it's nearly finished now and time to start the edging.  Once it's complete I'll do a "Ta Dah" moment with it! 

Hope that the remainder of your week is good - and you have something good to look forward to at the weekend! 

Back soon,
Kim x 






10 comments:

  1. Your Etsy shop looks fabulous Kim, gorgeous crochet work and cards, I especially love your crochet bag and flower brooch.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for looking Wendy! And for the comments x

      Delete
  2. Your crotchet work is just stunning! Love the idea of the brooch and the beautiful phone cases, they all look amazing!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Kim what great projects. How do you find the time? X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow these are great Kim I can do just plain wish i had paid more attension when my gran taught me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous Kim, the colours and designs are beautiful.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great makes Kim - love the cute flower pins - I saw something likethese on a crochet site just the other day - wish I had the time.... hugs judith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. More fantastic makes Kim. Sorry I can't view your shop as I am not on Facebook.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fabulous Kim. Hope you Etsy shop goes well.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flowers are really sweet Kim and your shop looks really good-good luck with it xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x