Saturday 2 January 2016

Cosy crochet blankets....

Hello all - and a very Happy New Year to you! I hope that 2016 is a healthy, happy and peaceful one for you.

In 2015 we had the usual year of ups and downs, with a few health problems and a low point for us was being in a car accident on the M25 in the summer - a very scary experience.  Thankfully we were all ok, despite some bumps and bruises!  But we were also very fortunate to have many 'high' points and much to be grateful for, most involving our blessing of a family, including our son doing so well with his GCSEs, our daughter passing her PGCE and qualifying as a primary school teacher and of course, being blessed with a delightful granddaughter in November!  And I'm sure 2016 will also bring it's share of joys and concerns - I just hope the joys outweigh the worries!

But through all the busy-ness of family, work and home, it's crafting that provides a wonderful 'escape' therapy (although it would probably do my body more good if I enjoyed the gym....!).  I've managed to squeeze in a couple of hours of card making in the last few days before I start back at work next week, and I love my crocheting - a kind of 'yoga with yarn'!  I thought I'd share a Christmas present I made for our daughter Lauren (as she loves her snuggly blankets), using the approximate colours and pattern that the oh-so-talented crochet designer Lucy provides on her Attic24 blog (HERE) but with a few slight variations of my own!


I just managed to get this finished a few days before Christmas (talk about cutting it fine!).  But I love the rich colour combinations and snuggly stripes



It's roughly a single bed size, so plenty of snuggle room!  Made with Stylecraft DK, it's super soft and washable too.


I do like to have blankets about, they always seem to add a cosy, comfortable feel.  And my daughter Lauren was very pleased with it too!  So it has now made it's way down to Sussex and I hope it will be put to good use.  Lauren starts her new job as a primary school teacher in Sussex next week with a class of 8 & 9 year olds - and I'm sure there will be a few tired evenings to come when she'll be glad to get home and snuggle into a blanket with a hot cup of tea!  I'm pretty sure I would be if I had to cope with 30 little ones for the day! 

I'll try and get some photos tomorrow of the cards I've been making and share them with you soon. 

I hope you enjoy the remainder of your weekend - and that the first week of 2016 is a good one! 

Back soon,
Kim x 



7 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim, I'm sure your daughter will treasure it-good luck to her for her new job and very Happy New Year to you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous Kim. 2015 was a bad year for me and it is lapping over into 2016. Hubby still extremely ill.
    Hope all your good times of 2015 will lap over to 2016 and leave the few bad ones behind.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Kim that blanket is stunning! I'm hoping 2016 is better than last year..I hope your 2016 is fab too! Happy New Year huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh this blanket is beautiful, it will be like a warm hug for your daughter.
    Happy 2016, here's to plenty of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This s so beautiful, I could snuggle up in it right now! Lovely colours and pattern too. I bet Lauren loves it.
    Happy New Year to you!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kim,
    A very Happy and Healthy New Year to you and your family.
    what a very beautiful and colourful crochet blanket.
    I love your fab design of it, and the lovely different rows of crochet stitches that makes it look so perfect.
    Thank you for finding the time to comment on my families health probs.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous blankets - love the colours! Happy New Year xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x