Friday 18 March 2016

A little cutie!

Hello all - where did the last couple of weeks go?  We just seem to have quite a few things going on at the moment, and sometimes I think I just need to step back and take deep breaths. Last weekend we waved bye bye to youngest as he set off to Lyon in France for a week on his school French exchange.  And one of my colleagues at work has also been away, so it has felt strangely quiet at home and work!  Much as I might complain sometimes about the mess (not to mention the guitar playing, wet towel trail across the landing, plates and bowls disappearing from the kitchen and reappearing in a certain teenager's bedroom, and the constant stream of taxi duties), we have missed him really lol!  But he's back tomorrow (with a suitcase full of laundry no doubt!) and it'll be lovely to have him home in the nest again!

But I did find time in the last week to make a card using a super-cute image called 'Sweet Sparkle' from Sylvia Zet at Wee Stamps. I've coloured the image with copics and graphit pens, and a touch of glamour dust for the sparkle!


The backing paper and sentiment stamp are from LOTV, and I've used a LaLaLand banner die, Marianne flower dies and Poppystamps leaf die.
Hope you like her too! 
And I've been busy with the yarn, making knockers for Knitted Knockers! Please have a look at their website HERE - and pass the word on!

Another crochet project at the moment is a baby boy blanket, with some lush shades of soft blues, teals and silvers, in a snuggly ripple pattern


I'll share 'Ta-Dah' pics when it's finished! 

I hope you enjoy your weekend - whatever you have planned.
Back soon,
Kim x 



15 comments:

  1. Lovely card Kim. Fab design. Love the crocheting. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim, adorable image and love the colours... Gorgeous crocheting too!
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning card Kim..beautiful colouring and details..and you will miss your boy, but wont miss the mess..until it comes home with him..lol..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. These wonderful colors just feed my wishes for spring to arrive. Adorable image Kim. I'm sure you'll be happy to have your son home even with dirty laundry. Hee hee Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kim, lovely blanket too. Bet your son's had a whale of a time but am sure you'll be glad to see him back. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Kim, great colouring and the crocheting look amazing, wonderful colours
    Hugs Kelly
    I have a little giveaway on my blog if you interested

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and gorgeous crochet too!
    Hope you get a sunny day today to get all that washing dried ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card and beautifully coloured Sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was just saying to myself "I wonder why there has not been a post" AS ALWAYS you did not disappoint. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a a beautiful card Kim, I am a huge fan of Sylvia's stamps. Lovely colouring and a fab design! As Always your crocheting is beautiful!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fabulous projects Kim. You have been busy!
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. She's adorable and I love the colours and papers
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is so pretty and cute Kim and your blanket is awesome.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card Kim, such a pretty image... your blanket is looking fab too :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning card and fabulous colours. TFS

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x