Friday 17 October 2014

Striking in Black!

Hello all and I hope that you've had a good week? And oh am I glad it's the weekend! I feel as if I've been busy doing all sorts this week - so looking forward to the weekend. A friend and I have decided to do a stall at a Christmas gift and craft fair in a few weeks so I'm busy thinking and trying out things I can make. My friend makes wonderful bags and all sorts of goodies and I'm going to make some crochet gifts and papercraft gifts - so that should keep me busy! I'll be putting plenty on here over the next few weeks to see what you think.

But before all that, I am VERY late in posting for today's new challenge over at CraftyCatz! We had some stunning entries last week for the autumn challenge so we're looking forward to seeing what you talented crafters can come up with this week for the challenge  that our lovely Aunty Sue has set this week of "Black and another colour" and a prize of 3 digis from the Stamping Boutique for the winner.

For my card I decided to get the heat tool out and brush the dust off the embossing powders! I haven't done any heat embossing for ages - and really enjoyed doing it (although I'm not too convinced by the success of my efforts lol)


The papers are from Kanban that were in my stash. I've added gold mirri card, some rolled roses, and some die cut leaves (using a Poppystamps meadow leaf die). The sentiment stamp is from Inkylicious, stamped in versamark and using gold embossing powder.  The black and gold ribbons are from stash.
So do pop over to Crafty Catz and see the fabulous DT inspiration - and then join us with your creations!

Back soon,
Kim x 

21 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card Kim, such elegance!! I am looking forward to seeing your crochet gifts, I am struggling with a penguin at the moment but won't let it beat me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. I love your gold embossed sentiment and beautiful detailing.
    I hope you have a good weekend.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card and love those papers! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing card, Kim, love that you dig your embossing powders out. It looks so elegant! Have a nice weekend!
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Kim fabulous paper's love the flower's and fabulous design have a lovely weekend
    Hugs Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Kim. I love the papers and the embossing looks fabulous.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OO this is gorgeous Kim the black and gold are so striking together - and I love the sentiment. - my you are brave taking on all that crafting - I would be in a panic before I even started! - looking forward to seeing your makes hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow Kim... this is spectacular and drop-dead gorgeous! Love the embossed sentiment and the little bits of gold are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Kim, just gorgeous..love the colour combo...
    Have a fab week-end.xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Kim, this really caught my eye, absolutely stunning! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Extremely stylish and elegant Kim. Love the colours and the awesome card/paper you have used.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's striking Kim! Great job on the embossing. :-) Hope you and your friend have lots of success at the fair. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So classy Kim. The gold and black is gorgeous and I love the embossing,leaves and flowers...gorgeous.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gold and black is fab Kim and hope you have a great time at the fair! huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. This certainly is striking Kim, fabulous work, love it!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  17. So striking! love the colour combo and that fabulous sentiment. Just perfect. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful, elegant and striking card, and a fab sentiment, love it! hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this Kim! Love the black and gold together and the design is beautiful!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card, those colours are very striking together. I haven't used heat embossing for aaaages either!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x