Wednesday 18 March 2015

Pretty colour stripes!

Hello all and I hope that your week has been going well?  The usual busy one here, and a range of ups and downs! Such is life!  It looks as though my laptop has somewhat deceased - it was second-hand when I got it and has been much loved and used for 3 years, so I suppose I shouldn't complain too much (although I probably will lol!). But thankfully my IT Handyman (hubby!) has retrieved the hard drive and so rescued all the photos, etc., that were on there. Phew! But the downside is that I am now using the home computer - which seems to have a bit of a queueing system lol! (i.e. my husband on it - a lot! - or son wanting to use it to print stuff out, etc.). But at least I can make contact with Blogland a bit, and will try my best to keep up with everyone when I've booked my slot to get onto the computer. And to add to my general feeling of well-being, I got into my little car yesterday to go to work and instead of a perky, ready-to-go ignition, was greeted with a sad sort of sigh when I turned the key.  So had an unanticipated walk to work (amid some grumbling and muttering). Thankfully it's not too far (just under a mile and half) and it wasn't raining or there would have been another tantrum lol! Do you ever get the feeling that things are queueing up to go wrong...?  Hence, the resident Car Repair man (i.e. husband, again!) had to put the battery on charge overnight and thankfully it started ok this morning. As I've told him, if I didn't find all these little jobs for him to do, he might feel unloved and unnecessary.....

Anyway, apologies for yet another waffling blogpost!  Thank goodness that wool and a crochet hook is fairly reliable (except when the cat gets hold of the wool).  I decided to use up some of my dk wool and make a little pram/cot blanket, using a lovely pattern that the talented Lucy on the Attic24 blog has used for her "cosy blanket" (link HERE).


Some pretty spring colours, for a cute little blanket. It's not very big, but very soft and snuggly, and I've added a simple shell edging





Sorry for the overload of photos! But hope you like the splash of colour.

And I hope your week goes a little bit smoother than mine has up to now lol! 
Fingers crossed nothing else decides to give up on me.
And I realised (a bit late) that my little Blog is now 3 years old! Wow! And the only reason it has kept going so long is because of all my fabulous followers, leaving such lovely, supportive comments. Thank you so much.  So, when I get my act together, I will organise a little bit of Easter blog candy to celebrate - keep watching this space! 
Back soon,
Kim x




14 comments:

  1. Love the colours, they're lovely! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty blanket Kim - a real injection of spring - it would fir beautifully into our challenge ar Fab'n'Funky this week! - sorry to hear about the demise of your laptop and your queueing problems lol- nothing worse!! hugs judith xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous blanket Kim, such pretty colours. Hope your luck improves x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh this is lovely not done one of these since son was little. great colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blanket is gorgeous Kim, I love the design and pretty pastel colour.
    I hope your week gets better!
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a bummer of a week so far Kim...it can only get better!! What a gorgeous blanket, really pretty colours. I avoid Attic 24 simply because I then go spending at Wool Warehouse!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning Kim. I wish I could crochet...one day x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous blanket Kim, love the pretty colours...hope your week gets better.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tough luck with the lappy and car Kim, but gorgeous blanket, I am halfway through a full sized version of this, I'm only using two colours though, at the moment it is tucked away in a box as I am all striped out, but I will get it finished sometime soon! Glad your car is working OK now at least that's one less thing to have a tantrum about LOL! hugs, Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous fabulous blanket and wonderful colours. Our internet was playing up yesterday as I was trying to do a blog post and instead of taking like 5 minutes it took me over an hour - I was ready to throw my laptop out the window cause it too is getting on a bit. I have to hang on to it as long as possible though as I still use Windows 7 and do not want a new laptop yet with Windows 8 - I want to hang on until all the new computers coming out have the new Windows 10 on them. My girls have Windows 8 on theirs and it has been nothing but trouble and I hate it with a vengeance LOL! Hope your end of the week is better than the start. Hugs, Karon. PS sorry for the waffle too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lot of ups and downs you are having this week, I hope no more goes wrong for you. At least hubby is feeling wanted. Your problems haven't stopped you producing an awesome beautiful blanket.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely, such gorgeous colours!
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I will just keep my week and stop my moaning after reading about your week Kim..and your blanket is gorgeous...beautiful colours. Hope your weekend goes without a hitch..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a beautiful blanket Kim, I love the colours and design. Thank you for sharing it.
    I hope you have a lovely weekend with nothing else going wrong.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x