Thursday 11 June 2015

Some days at work....

Hello all - I hope that your week is going well? A beautiful sunny morning here and forecast the same tomorrow (hurray!) but heavy rain and cooler over the weekend (boo!). Exam season is still grinding on in our household - youngest is now 2 exams away from finishing so at least the end is in sight! It was a Latin exam yesterday and Physics tomorrow and then another Latin one next week - and if he needs any help with any of those he'll have to ask Dad lol!  And I'll be pleased when they're finished as one of my jobs at school is organising the invigilation timetables and it can be something of a nightmare of a job, with last minute changes, etc.!  It's a good job that it's a great team of people I work with and we have so many laughs in our office (even if the laughter has a slightly stressed and hysterical edge to it at times....!).

And as it was one of my colleague's birthday yesterday, this Bugaboo image seemed perfect!  (Especially as all of our desks seem to look like this at the moment!)


I've coloured the image with Graphit pens and copics. The papers are from K&Co, with 'stitching' stamp from LOTV and 'hanging star' die from MemoryBox.  Quite a simple card, but the image and sentiment definitely needed to take centre stage! 

And just to share a little garden pic - as I said, it's a beautiful sunny morning here in Lancashire, and when I opened the blinds and door to the back garden this was the view of the giant poppies near the house in the sunshine. They almost look like they're lit up from inside! 


Thanks for reading the rather rambling post (nothing new there!) - and for all your lovely supportive comments. They mean so much. 
I hope you enjoy the rest of your day whatever you have planned. 
Back soon,
Kim x


14 comments:

  1. Such a brilliant card Kim, those Bugaboo images really make me smile and the sentiments are always so perfect too!! Love your poppies, what a glorious sight!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this image, this is me at the moment - my youngest is also nearly finish exams, think we'll give a big sigh of relief thsi time tomorrow.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha - love this card - the sentiment is so true! Good luck to your youngest in his exams - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card Kim, I love the image and fun sentiment.
    I shall be so pleased when the exams are finished too, my daughter's last exam is on Tuesday.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A brilliant card Kim, love the image and sentiment.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just brilliant Kim and it's pretty much how I feel this last couple of weeks too-our school is very much the same!! The end's in sight though-only 5 weeks left (or 25 days as I like to think, it always sounds less!!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha that's a fantastic sentiment and image Kim..
    Love your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card Kim..lol..I don't sit at a desk in my job..but boy! can I relate to this..love the pics of your garden..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. A FAB Fun card Kim...I LOve your colours and design.
    I LOve this time of year when everything starts to send out colour in the garden.
    Chrissyxx
    Our Grandson is on his last exams too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahaha what a perfect image, bet your colleague loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, it gave me a good giggle and at times it is so true! Great design and colouring! Roll on the summer hols!
    Your garden looks beautiful, I adore poppies, our first one has finally bloomed.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great card and I love that sentiment! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks and sounds like your card fit the bill to a tee. LOL Boy are those poppies gorgeous. A huge burst of color to brighten you day. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x