Thursday 16 July 2015

Quick cards (that don't look too quick!)

Hello all and I hope that you've been having a good week?  It's been the first week of my summer holidays from work at school - although that implies that I've been lazing about! I wish!  It's just a chance to catch up with lots of other jobs really - although it's always nice not to have to rush about to be somewhere else and my brain is gradually switching off from all work-related mush that is usually competing in my rubbish short-term memory with all the home-related stuff! Our gorgeous daughter Lauren is coming home tomorrow with her boyfriend for a short stay - they've been on the 'grand tour' of trying to visit all parents, etc.! But we're going down to stay in Sussex to see them for a few days next month which will be lovely.  And next week we're heading to the Greek Islands for a week - our annual dose of hot sunshine!  We're taking one of our son's friends with us as well this time so it will be good for our son to have some company (rather than having to make polite chit-chat with his parents for a whole week! And if any of you have or have had teenage boys I'm sure you'll understand exactly what I mean lol!).

Anyway, apologies for all the usual waffle.  I just thought I'd share a couple of 'quick' cards made for the 'general cards' basket that I keep at home, when we suddenly need a card or when friends or colleagues ask if they can have a look for a card in a hurry!  Most of the cards I make tend to be for specific people or for orders for other people, but it always helps to have a few spares in.

Although these were fairly quick to make I'm hoping they don't look 'rushed'


I've used the large LOTV sentiment stamps which are brilliant for quick cards!  The papers are from LOTV, flowers from WOC and I've used plenty of distress inks. The ivy die is from Joanna Sheen and the corner die is a Spellbinder one, with little brads attached.


Again, this uses the LOTV stamps and papers. The flower die is a Marianne one, with some ribbon from stash. 
So fairly simple cards, but I think they work quite well. 
Thank you as always for stopping by the blog - and for all the lovely comments that you leave. They mean such a lot. 
Back soon,
Kim x


16 comments:

  1. I love these Kim - simple & elegant. Especially love the colours of both - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I need some of these and no they dont look quick just stunning, well in my case would be 2 hours looking for papers. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both beautiful card's Kim and enjoy your break
    Dianne xx :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely creations Kim. Enjoy your summer.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They don't look quick at all Kim, they are gorgeous. The LOTV sentiments are fabulous, I love the papers and beautiful detailing on each.
    I bet you are looking forward to seeing your daughter tomorrow, I hope you have a fabulous time together.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really lovely creations Kim.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look very impressive no matter how long they took Kim!! Love the sentiment being the focus. Have a lovely time with your Daughter and an equally fabulous holiday and what a good idea to take a companion for your son, they will be able to grunt at each other instead of you and Hubby....I remember it well!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are both gorgeous Kim and don't look like quick makes! We are on count down at school now 31/2 days left until we break up !!! Hope you have a wonderful holiday and enjoy your time with Lauren.
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are two super cards Kim, lovely colours and design. Hope you have a wonderful holiday xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous card Kim and they don't look rushed or quick at all..fabulous text stamps. Enjoy your holidays..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two gorgeous cards Kim, love the colours and papers.
    Enjoy the holidays
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous cards. Have a great holiday Kim. Those working in school thoroughly deserve it x

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are lovely Kim and yes, we always need some spare ones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, love those large stamps. TFS and have a fabulous time away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They don't look rushed at all and you've used beautiful papers to create them. Hope your trip to the islands is lots of fun. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab cards Kim, they definitely don't look like 'quick' ones! Have a fab time on your hols :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x