Tuesday 4 August 2015

A girly hat!

Hello all and I hope that you had a good weekend - and saw some sunshine too (although it seems in short supply in our corner of the country today!).  Youngest has gone off with one of his friends on an adventure day out to London - quite a long way from the north west UK!  They left on a train at about 7am this morning (kind hubby did the trip to the station for that one!) and should currently be in the Big Smoke.  They've got Oyster cards for the tube and bus and a list of places they want to go to, so it'll be something of a whistle-stop tour of the capital city I think.  I'm just trying not to worry too much about if they're ok/not got lost/got something to eat/keeping belongings safe/not been captured by white slave traders.....etc!  Mind you, why any self-respecting slave trader would want two 16 year old boys is another question - particularly once they know how much they eat, how untidy they are or how long they take in the shower lol! (Or is that just my son...?)

Anyway, worrying aside, I thought I'd share a little girly card that I made just before I went on holiday.  I'm trying hard to resist the temptation to buy any more papers or stamps until I've made good use of the ones I've got.  Like many crafters, the crafty stash just seems to grow and grow - and I can't bear to throw things away!  So I'm trying to use my older stamps, and find ways of using all the small pieces of lovely papers that I couldn't bring myself to bin (I'll share a couple of those later this week!).

This was made using an older LOTV stamp


Apologies for the poor lighting on this one, I think I took the photo a bit too late in the evening as it seems a bit dark!  I've coloured the image with copics and the papers are also from LOTV. The flowers were made using a Britannia flower die and the little sentiment tag is from HunkyDory (although the foiling meant I didn't get a very clear photo!)

Hope you like it! 
I'm hoping while I'm off work to dig out some of my other older stamps - and also make a start on the C*****mas cards!  Even though I don't really want to think that far ahead yet, I do feel that I really should make a start on doing some to avoid the mad rush in November lol!  But I still think it feels strange to have glitter, snowy scenes and reindeers around in August....

Back soon,
Kim x 





12 comments:

  1. So cute Kim. Gorgeous colours and layout.
    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some special little girl will be thrilled with this fab card
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A real beauty Kim, gorgeous soft colours and image. Hope your son has had a wonderful day exploring-Im heading to London on Saturday for a show and can't wait. London is so much fun and I'm sure he'll want to go back for another visit xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a real beauty Kim and the pretty sentiment is a perfect match. Hope the lads had a good day in the capital, bet he'll be going back again!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute image and fabulous colouring Kim..love the papers and card design..I have reindeers and snowmen running all over my craft room and just cannot put them onto a card yet either..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kim, I love the sweet image and beautiful papers.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely card Kim! Love the soft colours and sweet image! I have made a few Christmas cards now and I am totally loving it, but then I could make them all year round as they are my favourites to make. Hope your son had a great time in London!
    Hugs
    Gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's great you are using your older stamps, I want to get my old Sarah Kay ones out! Your card is beautiful Kim. Gorgeous colours and layout - Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, love the image and those beautiful papers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute Kim. Very girly and that little sentiment tag is the sweetest design. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww what a cutie! Good luck with your no crafty spending ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my fave stamps Kim and the papers are too. Fabulous card x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x