Tuesday 13 August 2013

A Birthday Cow - and a farewell!

Hello all and I hope that your week has got off to a good start?  I was at work today - but now starting to count down days in my head to when I finish and then start my new one!  It's a strange mix of emotions when leaving one job and moving on - I've been in my current job for over 8 1/2 years so it will feel odd leaving. But I'm so looking forward to my new one, much nearer to home and good hours. I'm popping in later this week to take in some forms and get a chance to meet some of my new colleagues, so at least my first day at the beginning of September won't be quite so scary if I've already met some people lol!

But it's also time for another farewell for me.  As my time seems to be getting a little more restricted I've decided to step down from the Whimsy Digital Design Team. It was a difficult decision as I've thoroughly enjoyed working with the wide range of digi images that they release every month, but I hate having to do a 'rush job' with cards and wouldn't like the idea of presenting something I wasn't happy with.  And as my new job involves more hours I decided that after 9 months I would step down and give someone else the chance to join a great team! And I'd like to thank Whimsy for giving me the chance to work with their great products and talented designers.
As my 'farewell' I've used one of the fabulous new August releases from Whimsy for my card today - this is 'Birthday Cow' by Crissy's Digis


Isn't that just such a cute image?!  I've gone for a brighter colour scheme with this one - reminds me a bit of ice cream colours!  I've coloured the image with copics and promarkers


The great backing papers were freebies with a magazine. I've used a Tonic punch for the edging and some punched flowers with pearly centres. 
The leafy die cuts are chopped up bits of a Memory Box 'arboscello tree'!  The sentiment ticket stamps are from Whimsy and a little added ric rac on the edge! 


Hope you like this cute little moo cow! And don't forget to check out the gorgeous digi stamps in the August release from Whimsy! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
CraftySentiments - dies/punches
Just Inspirational - photo inspiration
PapertakeWeekly - Occasion-ally
Artistic Inspiration - dies/punches
EurekaStamps - blooms & blossoms



30 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Kim, love that fun image :D And those colours are great :D

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Kim, supper colours and cute image.
    Love the sentiment tickets.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colourful card Kim. Great image and lovely papers.

    Edna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous and fun Kim. Good luck in your new job.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope all goes well with your new job Kim
    Hugs kelly

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a super card Kim. I MUST have that stamp!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cheerful card Kim, love the image.

    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw this is such a cute card Kim (great minds think alike!) - enjoy your new job and sorry to see you leave Whimsy but I'll visit often! hugs Judith x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My! What a cutie this image is...FABulous colours Kim and I LOve your design.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck in your new job Kim! gorgeous card as usual Whimsy will be sad to lose your talent huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, these colours really pop and look fab with this image. Wishing you all the best in your new job, first days are always a bit scary, but so exciting too :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic Kim. Love the image and your colouring really brings it alive. Hope you will enjoy your new job.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a mootiful card! Love love the image and great colours. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card! Love that image :) Thanks for playing along with us at Just Inspirational Challenges.
    Cindye(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great image and card Kim! Love the beautiful colours you have used too!

    Good luck in your new job!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the fun image and bright colours - a really 'happy' card!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your card is adorable.

    Thanks for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fun card to end your run with Whimsy Kim. I like the great bright colors and that cow is too cute. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW i love it, thanks for playing along with JIC (Sian DT)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a beautiful card, love the image and great colors and design. Thank you for joining us at Artistic this week. Abbie xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. How I love this birthday cow, what a great drawing........ love your bright papers, anyone would be pleased to receive this
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  22. Udderly fantastic! so bright, funky and cheerful. Thanks so much for entering the Artistic Inspirations challenge and good luck! Tina-Maree DT x

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so cute thank you for joining us over at Artistic Inspiration this week
    Hugs Sue B

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fab card Kim. That image is just super!

    Hope your new job goes well.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! Thank you for playing along at JIC this time x

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is goreous...Thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments..And good luck.

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awww! This is so cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week! We hope you will play along with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh this is so darn cute. I'm glad you entered it in the Eureka! Stamps Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fab card..just adorable! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Absolutely fab card Kim! Pretty image and great colors.
    Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly this week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x