Saturday 17 August 2013

Ophelia

Hello all and I hope that your weekend is looking a bit brighter than it is here - bit grey and overcast this morning!  At least the rain hasn't arrived - yet!  So hoping that I can get some crafting done later - I think everyone else has got plans (thank goodness!) and I can always craft more 'comfortably' when I'm on my own in the house lol!  Well, on my own apart from Tilly the Dog and Grumpy Poppy!  We had a power cut last night which seemed to have affected quite a few roads near us as well, and Tilly wasn't too keen when everything went black about 10.30pm last night - and then it set a few house alarms off too!  And my son Jack wasn't too impressed as he was mid-way through eating his supper and all his lights, computer, etc., all went off in his room - although it was quite a novelty to sit and finish his supper with a candle next to him!  Thankfully it wasn't off too long, but then flicked on and off again shortly after - and that caused the major crisis of his computer going off and refusing to come back on!  Oh dear.  If you are familiar with teenagers and computers you'll know that their favourite bit of electronics not working is akin to the end of the world!  We pointed out that it was rather late to start messing with it and to get to bed - and I'll leave husband to deal with that one today!

Anyway, I treated myself this week to a new cd released by Joanna Sheen called 'Age of Elegance'. I don't do a lot of cd crafting these days (as I love my stamps and pens) but I just couldn't resist this one!  I love Pre-Raphaelite art and have quite a few large framed prints around the house (there were some grumblings that the lounge was starting to look like an art gallery...) and when I saw samples of the artists featured on the cd I'm afraid it became a must-have.   And they make for wonderful 'vintage' style cards and creations.  I've used 'Ophelia' by John William Waterhouse for this one


There are lots of wonderful backing papers on the cd too with art nouveau designs and ones from William Morris.  So if you like that style of artwork, do have a look at the cd.  I've used two of the backing papers, with distress inks on the edges, and Kaisercraft 'postmark' stamps.  I've added some flowers from WOC and kept the colours quite soft and muted.  There is a Marianne die cut swirl and some lace, pearls and ribbon from stash. 

And the inside decorated to match. 
I think this might be going to my lovely sister-in-law who also loves this style of art - and who earlier this year bought us a fabulous framed print of 'The Lady of Shalott' by Waterhouse! 
Enjoy your weekend whatever you have planned. Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Paper Crafting Journey - distressed/vintage
Crafting By Design - anything goes
PennysPaperCrafty - ribbon/lace


21 comments:

  1. gorgeous. love the image. fab colours and layout x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim and your Sister-in-law is sure to love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! beautiful card Kim, love the colours you've used around that delicious image.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Kim and such a pretty image. I also like the flowers you used and that fab lace. Looks very vintage and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh kim that is beautiful.

    The flowers finish it off so well.

    Know what you mean about teenagers and computers!!!! We don't seem to suffer with power cuts down here but hubby brought a new router and had problems setting it up so internet was off for a bit and they didnt know what to do with themselves,quite funny really.

    Hope you have a good weekend

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it Kim!! Lovely colours and gorgeous design!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just so beautiful and elegant. Loving the vintage flair.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  8. a beautiful card with the inside to match. love all the elements to make it up
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just so lovely, this painting is a favourite of mine (I love the lady of Shallot too!), and I adore the treatment you've given it here, it all creates a dreamy mood, I'm sure your sister-in-law will love it! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Kim, such a beautiful image and I love the papers too. The lace and papers finish the design off perfectly
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So elegant Kim. Wonderful image and detail.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous Kim. The image looks fabulous and i love the colours and design.
    Have a lovely weekend
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Kim, really arty and wonderful :D

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh what a pretty vintage card :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card - fabulous vintage look! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so lovely Kim and makes a nice change to other images we all use.

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh wow Kim this is stunning! Love it.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Well I can certainly see why you would want that CD. The image is gorgeous. DD likes to quote lines from the Lady of Shallot. :-) Absolutely beautiful Kim. Hope the computer is fixable or you will have an even grumpier kid. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful vintage card!
    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz
    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very creative card and lovely colours. Fantastic image. Thank for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey!
    Iwona

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a Beautiful card! Love,love the image and the Beautiful image! Thanks for joining us over at It's All About The Vintage & Beauty Challenge. Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x