Thursday 8 August 2013

Sunshine & Christmas!

Right!!! No more whingeing about toothache and dentists. This is supposed to be a crafting blog - albeit with lots of waffle and little snippets about our family exploits and life with a dotty dog and grump of a cat!  I'll just say 'Thank goodness for painkillers' lol!

Now it always seems a little surreal to be making a Christmas card, dressed in summery clothing with the sun shining.  But I really thought I ought to crack on with making some of my Christmas cards.  Now I usually like some nice music on in the background when I'm crafting, and when the seasonal card production gets into full swing then I often put some nice 'Christmassy' sort of music on to get me 'in the mood' - but even I couldn't bring myself to put Christmas music on when the sun is blazing through and doors and windows are all open.  The neighbours (or any passing stray soul) would think I had really lost the plot!  So I've had to content myself with doing some Christmas crafting with different music on - but I think my little addled brain gets a bit confused.  (Well, more confused than usual!  Or then again, it might be the painkillers.....!)

Anyway, I've used a gorgeous digi from Mo's Digital Pencil 'Little Elf Finn'

Isn't that the cutest little smile?
I've coloured the image with copics and promarkers and added glossy accents and glamour dust to the bauble and some white Flowersoft to the furry trim on the hat, etc., and a few little red pearls for holly berries! 

The red backing paper is Coredinations embossed card, with some 'Krafty Christmas' dp from LOTV. The ribbons are from stash and the little gold 'bells' were 'pinched' from the crackers we had last Christmas! (I think the kids feel mum has definitely cracked up when she sifts through things to see what can be recycled onto crafty projects!)


Hope you like my Christmas elf! 
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Papertake Weekly - anything goes
Crafts and Me - anything goes
Can You Digi It - Holiday themed digi
Deep Ocean Challenge - Christmas in July
Craft-Dee Bowz - anything goes + handmade bow


24 comments:

  1. Stunning card Kim.

    Love that image and bow,

    Beautiful card as always.

    Hope your toothache eases soon Kim,you moan awayxxx

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Kim. Wonderful colour and such fabulous design detail. Really stunning.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Kim, love the cute image and fab papers and layout. I'd definitely blame the painkillers!!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim,
    such a superb card. Love the image, and it's so superbly coloured. Great design as always.
    I do hope your tooth thingy gets better soon.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kim. Such a cute image, wonderful colouring and the ribbon with the bells looks wonderful.
    I hope your pain eases soon
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A FABulous Christmas card Kim...The cutest of image and I LOve how you have done the bauble..Great bow too. LOve it.
    Chrissyxx
    Hope you pain is easing..x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a happy adorable card! This just makes you want to smile. Thanks for joining the Craft-Dee BowZ August challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW - this is gorgeous!! Love the image and all the added detail. Beautiful bow! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Kim, hope you're feeling a bit better :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab card Kim. Really clean and elegant layout...beautiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic Christmas card Kim, love this image and coloured beautifully, gorgeous ribbon and bells...beautiful.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a great card Kim...with bells on!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. another super one from Mo, love the colouring, I was in NZ last Christmas and collected everyone's bits from the crackers and brought them home lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card. Really love the layout x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Kim. The image looks fabulous and I love the layout and gorgeous bow.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really love that image Kim card is super. My poor hubby has to have another wisdom tooth out next Monday, he had another wisdom tooth and single one out Monday gone, so hes had a really sore mouth. I'd rather have labour pains again than have toothache so all my sympathy is with you hun huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is just oh so sweet! LOVE the darling image and I adore that amazing bow!!! Thanks for joining us at CYDI! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card Kim - love that Mo image and you have coloured it to perfection :o)
    Debs xx

    ps Thanks for playing along at PTW - Good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wowsa Kim, what a fab card and you've done Mo Manning proud. I have always like this image and you've put together a great card with your layout, colouring and that gorgeous bow (I can't do a bow like that for anything)!
    For the record, the dentist is the last place I ever want to be!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fab card, love this image it's so cheeky looking beautifully coloured and love all the little Christmas touches :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww what a cutie, bet it's even more fabulous in real life with all that sparkle :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear you're still having such a rough time of it Kim. :-( It certainly didn't effect your cardmaking skills. This is wonderful. Love, LOVE the flower soft on the elf. That stuff is so cool. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is gorgeous Kim. Lovely image and colouring. Sorry to hear you are in pain sweetie, I hope it is cured soon.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute card, love the flowers soft. Thanks for joining in the Get Inky! challenge.
    Ann DT

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x