Sunday 11 August 2013

Those cute little meeces!

Hello all and I hope that your weekend is going well? A fairly quiet one here with just the usual comings and goings - and thankfully a much reduced toothache! Yippee! Not sure what we have planned today as the weather seems to be a bit 'sunshine & showers' but we were hoping to perhaps have a 'practice walk' with Tilly the Dog, to my new job! I'd better explain - the school is about a mile and a half away from home so within walking distance, but there are a couple of different routes there and one is more 'hilly' than the other (most of our little city seems to be on hills!) so I had the bright idea that when it was a fine day I could walk to work, thus getting some exercise (much needed!) and saving petrol and parking hassle.  But it would help if I knew how long it would take me and which was the better route (i.e. easiest!).  I did ask my son which route him and his friends tended to use and was met with a frozen look of horror as for a split second I could see him thinking "OMG she wants to walk with us!!!!".  I did point out to him that my hours would be different to his, and although the thought of being seen out in public with his mother filled him with horror, what made him think that I necessarily wanted to be seen in public with him.....?! Lol! We'll see what the day brings!

Anyway, I'll stop waffling!  It's time for a new challenge over at the Joanna Sheen Challenge and this week the challenge is to use 'Embossing - either heat or dry'.  There has been a slight change in the rules of the challenge blog and any designs can be entered, but only those entries using a Joanna Sheen image can be entered into the prize draw.  But as Joanna has such a wide range of cds, stamps, etc., it shouldn't be too difficult to find one that you like!
I've used a gorgeous House Mouse stamp 'Sunflower' for my card


Aren't they the cutest pair?  I've coloured the image with promarkers and copics with some added distress ink


The backing paper is from First Edition. I've embossed a piece of coredinations card with a Die'sire Embossalicious folder 'floral frenzy' and sanded it back lightly. I've added some stitching and a Marianne die cut flower and leaf. The gingham ribbon is also from Joanna's shop HERE and I've added a Memory Box die cut buckle. 
Hope you like this cute pair! And don't forget to have a look at the fabulous inspiration from the Joanna Sheen DT and then join us with your embossed creations! 
Enjoy your day - whatever you have planned!
Back soon,
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Brown Sugar Challenge - anything goes
Patties Creations - embossing
ABC Challenge - S is for Stitching
Crafters Companion - animals are everywhere (used Embossalicious 'floral frenzy' folder)



29 comments:

  1. Wunderschön! Eine ganz zauberhafte Karte.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.

    LG Dreja
    P.S. Deine Karte paßt auch super zur Stempelsonnenchallenge. ;-)
    http://stempelsonne.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Kim. Fabulous colours and layout...and such a beautifully coloured image too.

    Go on...walk to school with your son and make him hold your hand!!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, die Karte ist wunderschön geworden. Ein zauberhaftes Motiv hast du verarbeitet. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Animal Friends Challenge. Ganz liebe Grüße Silvi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Kim. I love that cure image and beautiful colours/
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kim,
    oh isn't that stamped image so cute. Great colouring in and very lovely design as always.
    Have a wonderful crafty Sunday.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute Kim. Very sweet Meeces and fabulous design.
    Good Luck with the new job.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gorgeous card!! Love the mice, so cute! Great papers and colours! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow tolle Karte hast Du da gezaubert, ich liebe House Mouse hihi.
    Hab herzlichen Dank für Deine Teilnahme bei Animal Friends.
    GLG Tamesis

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card as always Kim :) Love that image, soooo cute! And the colours are fab too. Glad your toothache is feeling a bit better :D

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha your posts do tickle me. Sounds like my son. I don't look at it as waffle. I am a waffler too so probably why hahahaha. Am not posting at mo as am sunning myself somewhere warm and sunny. Fab card by the way. I adore house mouse.
    Love lea x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad your toothache is easing up Kim your blog always makes me chuckle , and I can just imagine the look on your son's face LOL fabulous card love house mouse huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Smashing card as always Kim. Loving the HM image.

    Cant see why you couldnt walk with your son to school lol.

    Glad to hear that the toothache is a little easier.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty Kim!
    Thanks for playing in our "Embossing" Challenge #73!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Kim. The image is so sweet and I love the colours and embossing.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet card! Love how you embossed and sanded your paper. Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Crafter's Companion Critter challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fun story about your son thinking you might walk with him and his friends!
    This card is gorgeous. Beautifully designed and coloured. I really like those House Mouse images and all the lovely shades of green on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is so beautiful Kim and thanks for joining my stitching challenge this week at Allsorts
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card Kim, and such a pretty colour theme :)
    Glad to hear your toothache has eased!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this, so cute and I really like your design, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. The warm tones are so refreshing and I love the pretty little die cut bloom Kim. I get such a kick out of all the ways you needle your son even if it's never intentional. LOL Glad to hear you on the mend. hgus!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love these meeces to pieces! Gorgeous colouring. My son is now grown up but I remember well the the 'embarassed by Mother' phase lol. Mind you I used to blackmail him by threatening to embarrass him in front of his mates if he didn't behave lol *evil Mother grin* :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Pretty! Thanks for sharing at Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pretty card. Great to have you playing along with our challenge at Brown Sugar. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Kim and gorgeous colouring too!

    Hugs
    Gina x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a sweet image. It's fabulous how House Mouse have turned something most of us would scream at in our house, into something just gorgeous.

    Love your colour palette, and lovely neat stitching.

    Thanks for sharing with us

    Lin xx
    ABC

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, I love that sweet image! Thanks for joining us at ABC Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely stitching, so great for our challenge at Allsorts this week. Thank you for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is precious! Your embossing and colors are wonderful and your choice of image is equally wonderful! I love HM images! I also love 'Creations images and would like to thank you for participating in the Pattie's Creations challenge. Good luck! Hugz - Nancy (DT)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x