Tuesday 6 August 2013

Ouch!

Hello Blogland and I hope that your week has started well - or at least better than mine lol!  Thanks for all your lovely comments about my last card, and the photo of that rascally Tilly the Dog and for your good wishes about the toothache!  I saw my dentist on Monday and after much prodding, poking and xrays it turns out to be something of a recurrence of a problem I had about 18 months or so ago.  And if you're of a squeamish disposition I'd just scroll down a bit now and skip the next bit!  I won't go into the gory details, but he thinks I have a cyst in the upper jaw above 4 of my front teeth, so had two root drilled & treated, got two different lots of antibiotics for a week and then off to the doctor's for extra-strong painkillers! He's referring me to the maxillo-facial surgeon at the hospital as if it is a cyst (he doesn't think it's a tumour because of the shape apparently!) then it may need surgery. I'm just not going to think about it yet!  I did protest in my most pathetic voice that I've just got a new job and didn't want time off!  Sigh.  Why can nothing ever be simple - just a quick 'drill and fill' and back to normal!  Hey ho.  Such is life!

So I'm playing for extra sympathy at home - not that it's working noticeably!  And it was off to work today albeit doped up with painkillers. I can't really take time off when I'm already working my notice can I? But it's gradually easing off a bit now, and hopefully when the antibiotics really get working then I'll feel a bit more human again.  Regular readers of my little blog will know me by now - ever the optimist and 'glass half full' sort of person!  Good job both hubby and I are quite happy, relaxed souls otherwise I think we'd go mad sometimes lol!

So, I'll let you know how things go - and I'm hoping that once it all feels a bit better I'll be able to get on with some crafting!  I must have been feeling rough if I've not been near my craft table!  But I've got a little card to share with you that I made before I went away with my prize win of a HunkyDory kit, very handy for a quick card!

I've simply added some spotty ribbon from Joanna Sheen, a Marianne ivy leaf die cut (with a touch of glamour dust) and some pink cherry blossoms from WOC. 

Right, I'm off to have a cup of tea - and take yet more tablets lol! 
I'll be back soon,
Take Care,
Kim x 


19 comments:

  1. Ouch, your poor mouth! Hope the tablets kick in and you don't need surgery :(
    Hasn't effected your mojo though, its such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Poor you! Hope the tablets ease it for you Kim..Just make sure your tea's not too warm.
    LOve your card! Such pretty, pretty colours and your bow is awesome!
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, poor you! I hope the antibiotics start of work soon and that the pain eases. Fingers crossed that you don't need surgery.
    Your card is gorgeous. I love the image and pretty colours.
    Take care
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww hope the pills kick in soon Kim, hubby had a wisdom tooth out and another one next to it and we got no sleep last night his mouth was so sore. The card is lovely, great bow, get better soon hun huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Kim, poor you... hope you don't need surgery hun! I love your card, it's very pretty :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy moley Kim, that sounds awful :( You poor poor thing! Take ALL the painkillers! Really hope you don't need surgery, and that everything settles down and you feel loads better soon :)

    On the upside, gorgeous card, I love the colours and those sweet teacups :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, wonderful. Feel better soon, Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear Kim, hope the pain eases soon and all goes well and you don't need any surgery.
    Your card is gorgeous, love the LO
    Take care
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never mind the pills, chocolate and wine is the thing...works every time...or so I hear!! Hope you are soon feeling better, whatever works!! Such a pretty card and I love the addition of the flowers & die cut ivy. Take care of you x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness Kim how awful for you. Hope things start to improve for you soon.

    Great card. Very pretty and its pink lol

    Take care

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card Kim, Love it. Hope your problem gets sorted soon and with the minimum of fuss.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super pretty card Kim - gorgeous colours.
    Hope the pain eases soon :o)
    Have a wonderful day.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cad is lovely Kim. Look after yourself and keep us updated on your progress. Try and rest when you can. Tooth pain is awful and I hope all settles soon.
    Thinking of you.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card Kim. The image and colours look so pretty.
    Hope you get sorted soon.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  15. a lovely card, the teeth sound very painful, I am at the dentist tomorrow but hope it is just a filling lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Kim! Gorgeous colours, image and layout...really works well together.

    Ouchie for your poor mouth. Problems always hurt more in that area than anywhere else so you have my sympathy. Hope it's sorted out very soon and that the pain is a dim and distant very nasty memory!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh Kim that sounds painful, hope it gets sorted soon!! Gorgeous card as always, hugs, Kaernx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm still shuddering at the thought Kim, so my typing may be wonky..you poor thing,hope it heals quickly and the pain goes away...[another big shudder]...
    Such a gorgeous card, the butterfly is just gorgeous and I love the image and dimension...gorgeous.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ouch indeed! I sure hope this turns out to be something very simple and easy to fix for you Kim. Take care of yourself. I know it's going to be stressful with the new job starting and all. The card is scrumptiously delish! That touch of glitzy shimmer really grabs your eye. Hugs and feel LOTS better!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x