Sunday 4 August 2013

Busy in the garden

Hello all and I hope that you've had a relaxing weekend?  A fairly quiet one here - although I've had toothache all weekend so not a happy bunny!  I'll be phoning my dentist first thing in the morning and hopefully get it sorted, as I admit that I'm a wuss when it comes to dental pain!  So, that combined with not sleeping well because it's been so warm and uncomfortable at night has contributed to me being something of a miserable grump! Most of the family have learnt the warning signs, retire to a safe distance and stay calm but youngest hasn't quite learnt that skill yet (or just likes to light the blue touchpaper!) and so has been growled at several times over the weekend!  Oops. I'll apologise when I've got rid of the toothache and had a decent night's sleep lol!

However, I should really be celebrating as I had a very exciting bit of news at the end of last week - I've been offered a new job!  I had applied for a job at my son's school, our local boys grammar school, for an admin support job but didn't think I'd have much chance as I know how popular these positions are (good school, good hours, term time, etc!) but got asked for an interview.  We arrived back from holiday at 2am on Wednesday and I had an interview at 11am!  But despite my bleary-eyed look, I must have said the right things as they phoned me later to offer me the position!  To say I'm thrilled would be an understatement. I've worked at an accountants for over 8 years, but this has better hours for me and is near to home.  So I'm working my notice in my old job and start my new one at the beginning of September - I'll let you know how it goes!  The hardest bit was telling my son that I'd got a job at his school - he wasn't overly pleased!  But he has come around to the idea now, and as I pointed out to him, my hours are different to his and quite a few of the staff there have sons at the school - and they've said the general rule is that we don't speak to our sons first, we wait for them to acknowledge us if we meet them in school!  Otherwise we might ruin their street cred lol!

Anyway, apologies yet again for the huge amount of waffle!  I've made a little card using a Sarah Kay image 'Elodie in the garden'


I've coloured her with copics and promarkers
The backing papers are from K&Co. I've added a MS punched frame and edge and the sentiment is from LOTV. The watering can die cut is from Memory Box with some daisies from WOC, and I've added the Lala Land banner. 
And I decided to make the card an offset gatefold design


Hope you like it! 

Before I go, I thought I'd share a photo of Tilly the Dog with you that we've entitled 'Are you comfy?'
We felt we ought to ask her if she had enough cushions or if they needed plumping up!  She is one very spoilt dog!  She does have a dog bed of course, complete with pillow and blanket! (which she takes with her whenever she has to go to kennels!) - but obviously nothing beats getting comfortable on the sofa with all the soft furnishings arrange to her liking! 

Back soon,
Kim x 



18 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, congratulations on your new job, thats great news! I love this card, beautiful image and those daisies are so pretty. Tilly looks very comfy bless her, so cute
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Kim and I really like the colours. Well done on your new job!!
    Tilly looks very cosy!! Hope you get the tooth sorted soon, there's nothing worse than toothache :0( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and so gorgeous Kim, love the watering can with the flowers.
    Congrats on your new job and hope you get your tooth pain sorted very soon.
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Tilley does look comfy..lol

    Your card is beautiful Kim, love the fresh colours

    Congrats on your new job,

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the new job...... a lovely card and pretty daisies
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kim, This is a super happy post (ignoring the toothache as I cannot do dentists), congratulations on your new job and enjoy. Your card is perfectly Summery and love the fold. Great 'Are you comfy?' photo. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. great card Kim beautifully coloured.
    Congrats on your new job

    Hugs
    Carole xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card Kim. Really lovely image and colour.

    Congrats on your new job.

    Hope you get the toothache sorted soon.

    Traceyxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image, beautiful colours and fabulous design.
    Congrats on your new job. Fingers crossed that your toothache goes soon.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab news about the job Kim! hope your toothache gets sorted I would rather be in labour than have toothache ouchies. The card is fab and I loveeeeeeeeee the banner LOL huggles hun Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new job Kim, it sounds perfect! Lovely card too. The image and colours look fab and I love all the pretty details.
    Hope the toothache clears up soon
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - fabulous image and beautiful colour combo. Congrats on your new job - everyone dreams of getting that school job! Great news! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on your new job. Love your card. Your colouring is brilliant as always. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kim,
    beautiful card, great design as always.
    Congrats on the new job.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a GOrgeous card Kim...LOve your image and these pretty papers.
    Hope by now you've got your tooth sorted out.
    Chrissyxx
    Our dogs the same lol..We have a leather suite and that's were she goes when she gets to warm on the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow congratulations on the new job. I too work in school. Having the hols is fab. I've never worked anywhere else since having kids so have been very lucky. Even though they're now grown up I just can't bare to give the hols up. The card is fab. A gorgeous image.

    Love Lea
    Ps as a fellow waffled don't worry about waffling haha.i don't! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't apologize for your waffle. It's nice to hear such good new for you. Congrats on the new job. Hope you can get rested up. I just don't get why the people who know you the best insist on poking the bear when they know better. :-) The card is absolutely lovely. I really like the way you did the flowers with the watering can. That Tilly looks so sweet I could just snuggle up next to her and love on her for a while. Miss fuzzing on my old labby girl. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your new job, so funny that your son wasn't pleased LOL
    Gorgeous card, and love the pic of Tilly ... our wee Ruby would much rather be snoozing on top of a cushion on the sofa than in her own bed too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x