Sunday 11 November 2012

Dreaming of spring gardens...

Lest we forget




Good morning all, and I hope that your weekend has been going well. It's what I think is described as a 'crisp' morning here, i.e. sunny, bright, and b****y freezing! Mind you, I'm quite happy to cope with the cold temperature when the pay-off is that the sun is shining!  Those who follow my blog on a fairly regular basis, and tolerate the moaning!, will be pleased to know that the decorating is now finished - woo hoo! I'm very pleased with it (thank goodness!), although it's nothing fancy, just a plain light cream, but everything feels fresh and clean and tidy.  However, I've a feeling that, this being our house, the 'tidy' bit won't last very long! A full day's wallpapering on Thursday very nearly finished me off - but I kept telling myself that it was good exercise...  When I was complaining of aching back and shoulders on Friday at work my boss looked amazed that I'd been decorating on my own. "Where's Colin?" he asked (of my non-decorating husband), "At work", I replied. Then I did explain that in the interests of marital harmony it was better for all concerned that we did these activities separately and not together! As my father died when I was very young, I grew up in an all-female household and so am firmly of the opinion that women are more than capable of taking on such tasks - we always did at home!

Anyway, less of the waffling (which seems to be the usual Sunday morning ritual now!).  As I look out over a rather sad and uninspiring garden I thought I'd share a card with you that hints at the promise of all that spring has to offer - when it finally gets here again!

I've used a gorgeous Sarah Kay stamp 'Gardens need many helpers' and coloured him with promarkers. 



The backing paper is from Teresa Collins. I've added a panel of coredinations card embossed with a CraftsToo folder, then used a DooHickey 'lovely fence', Spellbinders 'Fall Foliage' leaves and a Memory Box 'Arboscello Tree' dies. That cute wooden duck is from CraftyEmblies!
And inside
is a pocket to hold a packet of flower seeds! The papers here are from K&Co and coredinations (edged with some sheer ribbon) and the sentiment is from LOTV. 
Hope you like this little creation today. 
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday - I'll be busy doing all the usual jobs (after my 2 minutes silence at 11.00am) 
Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Speedy & Friends - add a fence
Sweet Stampin - anything goes
Jellypark Challenges - back to nature
The Stamp Man - emboss it
Do You Stack Up - leaves & trees

25 comments:

  1. JUst GOrgeous! FABulous colours and the cutest of cute images..LOving the inside too Kim with the packet of seeds makes me think of the nice weather to come lol....LOve it.
    Chrissyxx
    Same here..Hubby goes out! I decorate. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, glad the decorating is finished now.. Your card is fab, Love thatlittle duck in the corner. Have a good sunday
    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kim love the design and what a lovely idea putting in a packet of seeds, a lovely little gift. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, Just had my cup of tea and settled for my read. So glad your decorating is done. I used to do all of ours.
    Wonderful card, such a sweet image. Your colouring is fabulous. Hope you have a restful Sunday.
    Hug
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great layout Kim. Just love that duck. Glad your decorating is finished. Time to relax a bit now. Happy Crafting. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Kim, perfect elements all round, brill! Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Kim. Love that image. Perfectly coloured and great use of embellishments. Gorgeous !!!
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Kim, love the cute image and fabulous layout.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Kim. What a gorgeous card and I so love that image. Beautiful colours and design as always.
    Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A truly gorgeous card. Awesome coloring and shading job. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet card. Your coloring is fantastic!!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so beautiful Kim. I love the image and gorgeous papers. Such a lovely design and a fabulous sentiment to go with it. Roll on Spring!!
    Well done on getting your decorating finished!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kim, what an adorable card hun. It is stunning and your colouring is just beautiful. I love the image and the design. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just beautiful, I love the layout and image and embellishments are excellent xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Kim. I love the image and fab design. What a lovely idea to put a packet of seeds in!
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow gorgeous card, love the image and your fab colouring, lovely detail too, hugs Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this image, your colouring is fab & I love the inside pocket. Glad your decorating is over, well done you, it's something I would never attempt, either with or without my husband!
    Natx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love these soft colours and that cute image. Thanks so much for joining in our 'Anything Goes' challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice work - what a great card, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Love all details and little goose )))
    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin` “Anything Goes” Challenge and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs
    Natali

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great gardening card with the packet of seeds. Love the goose outside the fence. Thanks for joining us at Speedy Fox and Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is lovely Kim. Gorgeous card with lovely details.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous gift card. Love that sweet image and the little wooden duck.
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a wonderful card and such a thoughtful gift
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fab design and so sweet too. Love it! Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' hun :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x