Sunday 25 November 2012

Running water....

Good morning all and hope that your weekend has been going well?  And I hope that those of you in the UK are coping with the pretty rotten weather?  We have the ongoing works on our bathroom - but thankfully have a loo and running water but considering the terrible rainfall and floods that some have had to deal with it seems an irony that I'm thrilled to have the running water lol!  I will be so pleased to get the work finished - and it is a bit of a challenge having what seems like a constant stream of builders/plumbers/joiners/plasterers, etc., traipsing through the hall and up and down stairs and I've made countless cups of tea and coffee this week! Tilly the Dog has quite enjoyed it all and the workmen all make a fuss of her and say what a 'sturdy' little dog she is (which I think translates as 'fat'!).  Poppy the cat however, is not so happy about it all, hates disruption to her 20+ hours a day snoozing, and particularly doesn't like strange men!  But I'm hoping that by this time next week that most of the work will have been done and then there'll just be the flooring to do. At least it'll be all nice for Christmas (fingers crossed!) - but then it'll put the rest of the house to shame lol!

Anyway, on to today's card. I've used the image 'Spit happens' from Mo's Digital Pencil - just love that facial expression!
I've tried to keep to a fairly neutral colour palette of promarkers with soft shades so that it could be suitable for boy or girl - but think that maybe it all looks a bit washed out!  And then realised after I'd shaded the ground/carpet underneath the baby that I'd coloured it with brownish shades (hope it doesn't look like there's been a nasty accident....?).  Oops!


The backing paper is from K&Co, layered onto coredinations card, with stitched edges. The ribbon & buttons are from stash and the cute little sentiments are from LOTV, with some added pastel brads. 
So I hope that your Sunday goes well - whatever you have planned! 
And a big thank you for all the lovely comments that you leave - I can't tell you how much they mean! 
Back soon, Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Emergency Crafters - anything goes
Pause Dream Enjoy - anything goes
Creative Moments - anything goes
MyMumsCraftShop - inspired by a song ('Baby Love' - The Supremes)

24 comments:

  1. Beautiful card...Love the image and fab details.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. JUst GOrgeous! What a cutie this image is..
    FABulous cololurs Kim..
    LOve your sentiments too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card and the palette used. You did have me giggling at your thought, that nappy does look a little loose. Sending a smile back. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, feel much better now I've had my little read. So glad your building work is nearly done. It will look fabulous when finished. Wonderful card, so love the image. You did make me laugh with the carpet comment.
    Enjoy your Sunday.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the cute image and I think your soft colouring is perfect and works well with those beautiful papers.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Afternoon Kim now just read on another tillys blog about water what is going on. Loving the card and the colour and did make me giggle about the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi kim hiep all gets finishes asap...then the cat can resumme her normal day lol!!!
    fabulous card love the cute image and is just perfect hugs sassyxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Kim the image is adorable and I love the layout. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww Absolutely adorable and gorgeous Kim, love the soft colours.
    Hugs Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kim, fabulous card, cute image and lovely design, sounds like your on the home straight now with the bathroom! Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Honey. What a gorgeous card! your Colouring is so professional.. I love the image and the colours and simplicity of the card. I hope you are well. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhh, gorgeous image, just love it and love the soft colour scheme and layout too. Enjoy your new bathroom xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute! Gorgeous image and I love your colours and colouring.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha, I hadn't thought your card looked 'poopy' until I read your carpet comment. Too funny! (Its a beautiful card BTW, such a cute image, even despite his saggy nappy LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card. That image is soooo adorable. I know what you mean by his facial expression. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  16. That baby is so so sweet. I bought this image a while ago and haven't used it yet. It looks gorgeous coloured up. Love the papers and the sentiments are perfect.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this. Cute image and fab colours. I love that you haven't used pink or blue for a baby card.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a cute image, I do love the look on his face! Gorgeous card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute baby card. Like the choice of neutral colors. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Anything Goes challenge.
    Melissa
    “Sunshine HoneyBee”
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the neutral colours sweetie. Very clever so it indeed can be used for either gender. I didn't notice the shading until you pointed it out, but no it doesn't look like an accident. Glad they are coming to the end of doing your bathroom. Mine starts next Monday but it isn't such a big job as yours.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a cute card and image. Great colors. Thank you for joining us at Creative Moments this fortnight. Abbie (Co Owner) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this!! That image is just adorable and you colored it perfectly!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges!!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is fabulous Kim, I also have this adorable image and just love it!! you have coloured it up so beautifully too!...love the sentiments!
    Hugs,
    Marjorie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kim,
    Such a cute card! I love the papers too! Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters.
    ~Lucy x

    ps your pup and cat are lovely!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x