Monday 5 November 2012

Winter Fairy

Hi and hope that your week has started well? I've had another busy day - paintbrush in hand once more. We have quite a big room - well, it's two rooms that were knocked into one big lounge. Now please don't think I'm a moaner (!) but 99% of the time I do like having a big lounge.....- until it comes to decorating! And I'm sure it magically expands as I'm doing it! It's partly my fault I suppose for being so independent (or bossy as my husband probably defines it) and insisting that I can do the decorating on my own - but I will be so glad when it's done! Hey ho.
The other thing is that I'm missing doing my crafting! I try to make a little time on most days to do some crafting of some sort, but I've either had no time or been too tired to start this last few days! But I'm determined that the decorating should all be finished by this weekend - and hopefully some normality can resume!
Anyway, today's card is one I made a week or so ago (before the other sort of papercrafting and colouring took over lol!)

I got this stamp of 'Winter Fairy Talva' from Mo's Digi pencil because I thought she was gorgeous! I've coloured her with promarkers and pencils - although I'm still not too happy with her hair! I must practice my 'curly hair' colouring!  I stuck to shades of blue, with lots of added glitter and Stickles. I also added Glossy Accents to the icicles on her wings - but unfortunately it's not really showing up

The backing papers were printed from the Artylicious 'Seasons Greetings' cd from Chocolate Baroque, with lightly sanded coredinations card for matting. The snowflakes were from mirri card with a Tonic punch and some added pearls from stash. The sentiment is from LOTV and the sheer ribbon is from Joanna Sheen.
I decided to make this into a 6" square gatefold

Hope you like my Winter Fairy! 
I'll be back soon - and promise not to bore you with more decorating reports! 
We'll put the earmuffs back on Tilly ready for Bonfire night tonight! 
Kim x 

I'm entering this card into the following challenges:-
Addicted to Stamps - things with wings
Corrosive Challenges - more than one fold
Pile it On Challenge - make it sparkle
Scrappers Delights - anything goes


33 comments:

  1. Hello Kim love the card the image is one of my favourites and I love the layout. The ribbon is lush. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Kim. I have had my eye on this image and you have coloured her beautifully. Hope you finish the decorating soon.
    Hugs
    Laine
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the shades of blue. I tossed the coin and bought the other one. She might still get onto my list, lol. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kim. What a gorgeous card and I just love the delicate shades of blue. Absolutely stunning.
    Thank you for always coming to visit my blog and leaving such fabulous comments, you are so kind.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw kim she is beautiful and one of my favourite all time images off mos....she so gorgeous and a beautiful card hugs sassyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Kim. I love the image, she's fabulous. Great backing papers and layout too.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww this is so cute! Lovely image and a gorgeous card :o) Hugs, Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, such a beautiful card-love the image and layout and your choice of colours is gorgeous. Hope the decorating ends soon for you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful Kim. I love the sweet image and gorgeous shades of blue

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww... Isn't that image just too cute!! Great papers and colours!! The hair looks great to me!! So don't worry too much about it!!
    Good luck with he re-decorating and painting!!
    Thanks for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week..
    Toni - DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful Kim. Gorgeous image, perfect colouring and love your colour choice and design
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this card. Such a gorgeous image and the layout looks fabulous.
    Hugs Sharon. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous image fab layout and beautiful colours . Thanks for sharing with us at glitternsparkle . hugs trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's beautiful! The curl is nice and subtle so stop fretting. :-) Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Kim. Love this image, one of my favourites. Fab layout.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fantastic winter card! The blue papers fit perfectly to this cute fairy and your colouring looks really great.
    Thank you for playing at this week's challenge over at Mo's Digital Pencil!

    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Christmas card is beautiful. Her curly hair looks fine to me. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a little gem of an image Kim and you have done it proud. It looks awesome sweetie. Your colouring and layout is gorgeous. Good luck on finishing your decorating.

    Hugs
    Cathy
    xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card Kim, love the glitter and gorgeous design, Karenx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Kim... this is awesome! Fabulous image but wowsa, that is some wicked colouring girl! I love the shades you have used and those leggings look like they would feel like fur if I could reach out and touch them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous , well done . Thanks for sharing with us at OSAAT . Hugs Trisha x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is just beautiful. The best coloring I have seen all day. Love those colors and the sparkle in the snow and headband and leggings and wings. Beautiful. Mo's designs make it so easy to be inspired to create beautiful projects. Thank You so much for joining us at Pile It On this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pure gorgeousness and beautiful colouring too. Mo's designs are magical. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week with your lovely card. Jennie DT.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a gorgrous card, just love the image and great colors. Thank you for joining us at Glitter n Sparkle this week. Abbie DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow i love this such a stunning image love al way you coloured it and added the glitter its fab thanks for joining us at glitter n sparkle and good luck emma xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, she's gorgeous Kim! Fabulous card.

    How's the decorating going now... light at the end of the tunnel?!

    Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Super cute card, love it, so sparkly, many thanks for joining us at Glitter N Sparkle, this week, good luck hun xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous card Kim, so very sweet.
    Thanks for joining us at Addicted To Stamps
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oohhhh your card is really pretty!!!
    Thank you for joining us at ATSC~!!

    gr. arjette.

    ReplyDelete
  30. So beautiful,
    I love the image and the colours.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On “Make it Sparkle Challenge” with us! Just loved your card, and hope to see you back here next week!
    Hugs
    Lorianna PIO DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. Darling card and an awesome design. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Corrosive Challenge blog. Love your gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just so cute! I love the shiny snowflakes, and the inside decoration! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley and apologies for the lateness of this comment, the Internet is being a right pain this week!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  33. ahhh, she's a sweet little fairy and your card is gorgeous on the inside and outside. I love blue winter cards.
    thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x