Monday 12 February 2024

Is anyone still out there in Blogland?

Well.  It's been a VERY long time since I last ventured into my little corner of Blogland and I'm not sure who still lives around here! I use my Instagram very regularly, but I've sadly neglected this little blog and now I'm not sure if any people still live in Blogland.  I did ask on Instagram a few weeks ago if anyone still blogs regularly, and had a mixed response, but I thought I'd give it a try for a while and see what happens. 

Thankfully, I now have a little more time available for crafting (& blogging!), since taking early retirement in December.  However, as many people had warned me, my days seem to mysteriously fill with so many things to do! How odd! But I'm loving the sense of freedom - no timetables, deadlines or restrictions - and the opportunity to potter about with all the things I enjoy - or not, as the mood takes me haha! 

But I'm still crafting a lot, and there are always crochet, cross stitch or cardmaking projects on the go. I'm happy to still be on the design team for Hunkydory Crafts and their 'For the Love of Stamps' design team, to help make samples with all their new releases of stamps, etc. 

With this in mind, they have released a new set of stamps and co-ordinating masks and dies today and I had great fun making some samples. In fact, I got a bit carried away and made quite a lot! The Cute & Cuddly Spring collection really is adorably cute and I will share some over the next couple of posts. 

This card was coloured with alcohol pens, and uses the fence stamp that is part of the set

I've masked the lamb and added the two bigger sheep to make a 'new baby' card - coloured with pencils


These little sheep are just so cute! The stencil frame is also part of the new release and works perfectly for all springtime cards.

Right, I'll go for a little browse around Blogland and see who is still around!
If you call by, please leave a comment so that I know who is about.

Back soon, 
Kim x 

 

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, lovely to see your comment and your blog post pop up!! How time flies!! What a lovely collection of cards you've shared. Very cute and right up my street!! I think you will find that the die hards are still here and quite a few new peeps too. I am still actively contributing to challenge blogs that are still around, The cutie Pies, As You Like It and Allsorts Challenge. I do hope you will stick around and I am looking forward to seeing your future projects, paper or yarn!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Sarah! I'm hoping to stick around now I've got a bit more free time!

      Delete
  2. Nice to see you back Kim and your fabulous, cute cards, love the sheep, so cute..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Chrissy- and glad you like the cards! X

      Delete
  3. Hello Kim, Such a lovely surprise to see your comment you kindly left on my blog :) Sounds like retirement is wonderful, having that sense of freedom. Blogging is not what it used to be, I do post my cards on mine still, but don’t spend nearly as much time on it as I used too. I do spend a lot of my free time on Facebook and occasionally on instagram. Love your cards, super cute and that stencil frame is so pretty. Look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous makes.
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Wendy! It does seem quieter but I suppose other social media has taken over a bit! But thanks for your comments about the cards & the retirement- I'm really enjoying it so far 😀

      Delete
  4. Hi Kim, Welcome back, your cards are adorable, love the themes ! I'm in the same boat ! I have refreshed my blog after a very long break away but sadly I deleted my old blog and my new blog is brand new! I have fortunately still got my blogs that I used to follow which I how I came across your lovely blog again. I'm not sure about my corner of blogland but for now I will try and build it up and see how it goes. I have joined a design team as well to help get me kick started. Look forward to seeing your projects. Happy crafting x Debbie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Debbie. It does seem a bit quieter in Blogland from my first quick browse, but I'll try and keep going and exploring!

      Delete
  5. Super cute! You've certainly come back with a bang!!
    GOrgeous colours and designs too.
    Chrissyxx
    Yep! still here in the wonderful community lol.
    LOve your Ruby...She's keeping her eye on my as I type...What a sweetie. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chrissy, thank you for your comments! And yes, Ruby is still 'in da house' - although currently snoring next to me (she's fed up with the rain today!)

      Delete
  6. A gorgeous selection of cards Kim. Good to see you back in blogland.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x