Wednesday 11 April 2012

Good morning! Hope everyone had a relaxing Easter weekend (or at least an enjoyable one if not relaxing!). Just wanted to post a quick card on, made with one of my favourite LOTV stamps - By The River.

Isn't he cute?! I love LOTV stamps because they are so simple, but the faces are so expressive. I've coloured him with promarkers and shaded edges with distress inks.

I do find that the promarker blender pen is quite useful for shading out the edges, particularly on things like the water in this image. The backing papers are K&Co and BasicGrey, with hessian weave and cord from my stash. The sentiment is LOTV.  Hope you like it!
I'm hoping to get some more crafting done today, but time is always at a premium when it's school holidays, and my hubby's not too well either at the moment - and I'm a rubbish nurse! I've enjoyed browsing other blogs and will start to put some pics on here of some of my scrapbook pages and other cross stitching projects. As I say, so many crafts, so little time! 
Thanks for looking - and your comments are always welcome. 


4 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, I love your layout and embellies. I agree with you about the stamp, he's got such a lovely face.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Kim! I love the hessian weave, it really suits the card. I love the colours too, beautiful :) I agree about the expressions on the LOTV stamps, one of the ones I use ALL the time looks just like my mum and aunt :)

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, my colours again! Love LOTV. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! perfect combination of colour and fabric, I love it, Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x