Tuesday 17 April 2012

Spring Garden

Tuesday already? Where do the days disappear to? Well, Jack is back at school and Lauren back at Uni this weekend - then I'll perhaps get a bit more time to craft! 
This card is one I finished this weekend and I think it works quite well....

It's an unmistakeable Sarah Kay stamp called 'Elodie in her garden' and is just so lovely! In trying to keep up with the quest to keep using different colours and combinations (lol!) I've kept the colour scheme fairly simple in shades of light yellow, cream and lime green with a splash of red for the watering can.

I've coloured her with promarkers and the backing paper is from a gorgeous new 6x6 pad from First Edition called 'Bird Song' that has some really lovely papers in. It'll be appearing a lot more! 
As I wanted a vivid splash of the lime green in the embellishments, I coloured an ivory wild rose from Wild Orchid with Cosmic Shimmer spray (in 'golden mint') and the two cream cherry blossoms are also from WOC.
The sentiment is from LOTV and the ribbon from my stash - and I recently bought these cute little charms from CardCraft UK - so sweet! 

I've used spellbinder dies and the meadow leaf die. The embossed panel on the pearlised card is a Cuttlebug one - Birds & Swirls. It seemed to fit well with the theme! 

Hope you like her! And thanks for looking - and if you have the chance, a comment or opinion is always welcome! 
x

I'm entering this in the Wild Orchid Challenge Blog





4 comments:

  1. Green is my favourite colour:) & I love the sentiment that you have used

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the floral topper and the lovely embossing on this card, like the idea of the overlapping xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely, the colours are so fresh and the image is beautiful.
    Toni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is one georgeous project!!! Beautiful papers and details! Thank you for celebrating Spring along with us at WOC this time :)
    Hugs, Lena Katrine

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x