Saturday 7 April 2012

Hope you are all having a relaxing Easter weekend? Just wanted to share a new card with you before we go and scoff all the choccy eggs tomorrow lol!
It's Ribbon Tilda from Magnolia - from the Christmas collection - but I think she's suitable for all year round really! I'm trying to use colours and colour combinations at the moment that are out of my comfort zone, so I've coloured her with a range of apricot, honeycomb and saffron promarkers, with a touch of lime green & lime zest on the socks/shoes! Think it makes quite a nice, spring-like combination - I hope!
The flowers and leaves are from Wild Orchid and CardCraftUK, and the green backing paper is from K&Co. I'm afraid I'm not sure where the pearlised card is from as it's been in my stash for a while! The sentiment is from LOTV and the die cuts are spellbinders and Marianne Creatables for those lovely ivy leaves.  I've also used a CraftsToo embossing folder ('Daisies'). 
Just before I go, I thought I'd show a couple of spring lambs! 

Aren't they just too cute! It's from a birthday card made for a friend of my daughter, and the image is from Joanna Sheen's 'Furry Friends' cd, as is the pretty pastel spotty backing paper. A proper Easter image! 
Have a good weekend - and don't eat too much chocolate! 

I've entered the Tilda card in the Just Magnolia challenge 'Anything Goes'.


8 comments:

  1. Lovely cards Kim - the Magnolia card colours are just super.

    Take care

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, Kim. Love the colours you have used. I tend to always move towards pinks, blues and lilacs - I really must try to get out of my comfort zone, too. :o)

    Love Joan xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim! I've found you on the Trace blog hop! These are beautiful cards - I'm a sucker for magnolia!! Just gorgeous. I love all the LOTV cards you have on your blog - I'm an addict too! Hugs, Jayne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh that Tilda card is just so cute - I love it. Off to look at some of your other work now.
    Ann xxx
    from the Sheenie Blog Hop

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your colour combination on your Tilda card, so sweet. I blog hopped from Trace JS blog hop too.
    Toni :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all the interesting layering and patterns on this card, some nice ideas xx Blog Hopping :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Tilda card, Soooooo pretty! Silv x

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are lovely cards, and I've enjoyed browsing the others on your blog too. Back soon. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x