Saturday 21 April 2012

Jemima Puddleduck

Weekend again - how fast does it come around - but seems to pass very quickly?! Just a little card for today. I recently bought a couple of the new Crafters Companion Beatrix Potter stamps and they are so cute. And I've been quite impressed with the stamping quality as well.

I've coloured her with promarkers and prisma pencils. I recently bought a few prisma pencils as I'd heard & seen lots of reports about them, and yes, they are lovely! I find them very useful for just adding the finishing details or shading on my colouring - but perhaps that's because I'm still learning the colouring techniques with the promarkers!

The lovely pale blue, leafy backing paper is from Nitwits and the spotty paper is K&Co. I wanted to make a fairly simple and uncluttered card with this one, it's a smallish stamp and quite simple so I've tried to rein in my tendency to add embellishments on everything that doesn't move lol! 

The die cuts I've used are spellbinders labels and edgeabilities, and threaded through a thin strip of the backing paper in the lacey edge. The ribbon, pearls & buttons are from my stash. 
I suppose the card could be for a 'new baby', or child birthday - or even an adult birthday as I know there are so many of us that still love the Beatrix Potter characters. I'll see what comes along first! 
Back soon x 

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this card! It's sooooo cute, that image is gorgeous! I love Beatrix Potter, I collected the books as a kid, and Jemima was my favourite!

    Well done, you've done a great job on the minimal look, I fail at it every time haha :P

    Tags xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite is Peter Rabbit but you've done a great job with Jemima. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Tilly - what a fab image.

    Have a great weekend.

    Be back to see you soon.

    Toodle pip.

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card, gorgeous image, and I love your colouring. Been tempted for a while to try Prisma pencils, not managed it yet. x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments - and thanks for taking the time to leave one!
Kim x